Half-Assed GDT: wild blu

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I'm waiting for elkranio to come in here and tell us that he feels fine.
0fa3f88436b7374d72a3a90354dd2f07.jpeg

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We have 2 unit on in ice forwards + D's. Too big gap between forwards and D's. No support, no coverage. Allen is keeping us in the game.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
I'm gonna half-ass it as a fan since the team seems to be half-assin it. Gonna record the rest and skip intermission and commercials. Gonna go outside in the nice weather and take a walk up to the store and grab a sixer and come back and watch the rest, at least that way I'm guaranteed to enjoy it no matter what. Since you are the only other one posting in here, try not to be too lonely Ransku.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
resorting back to this thread, which was or wasn't my first ev GD or wahtevs. sup berglund huh key?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Aright guys we've been posting in the other and we're down 2-0. Time to switch it up. Lock the other!!!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Okey, Ott, Reaves, Backes need to show some gritty and fight. Jackman?

And we have time to come back to this game. Just need that one good shift and rest is history.

tumblr_n8072dhwSb1tuk7ruo5_250.gif

Last edited:

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
Well that was much more tolerable with some beer. Boys didn't bring a full game but even late when there was still a chance, Backes did that late game meltdown temper tantrum stupid thing. I get why people call him a goon, I don't, I just think he is no longer fit to be captain. Nice to see the team still rally after that.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013

well that's my last HAGDT for this playoffs. The only posts I will make during this round will be about berglund saying something (because that was successful as a goal 3 seconds later).:nod:

edit: and great GIF, really love all the posters on here... lots of different angles... lots of Game 1 losers, but in my mind- a bunch of series winners!

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
It was hard to watch.

The bright side:
Minnesota aren't acting like a bunch of idiotic thugs. In fact, it was probably the least physical of all the first round games so far.

The Blues break the pattern. Or maybe they can follow the Sharks pattern.

Allen played decently, after he let in that horrible first goal. But I'm not a huge fan of the save where he leaves the rebound in the slot so the a Blues defenseman can pick it up. One of these times it will be a Wild forward he is handing a point blank chance.

Negatives:
Didn't look ready to play playoff hockey. Would like to see a little desperation.

As I've been concerned all along, Michalek is too slow to be effective. He for torched on that first goal and other chances. Maybe last year's Bouwmeester could compliment that, but not the current pairing.

Minnesota's defense is just too good to play the whole game from behind. The Blues need to get the first goal.

There were stretches where the Blues dominated possession. But few dangerous chances and way too few shots. They never really tested Dubnyk.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
It was hard to watch.

The bright side:
Minnesota aren't acting like a bunch of idiotic thugs. In fact, it was probably the least physical of all the first round games so far.

The Blues break the pattern. Or maybe they can follow the Sharks pattern.

Allen played decently, after he let in that horrible first goal. But I'm not a huge fan of the save where he leaves the rebound in the slot so the a Blues defenseman can pick it up. One of these times it will be a Wild forward he is handing a point blank chance.

Negatives:
Didn't look ready to play playoff hockey. Would like to see a little desperation.

As I've been concerned all along, Michalek is too slow to be effective. He for torched on that first goal and other chances. Maybe last year's Bouwmeester could compliment that, but not the current pairing.

Minnesota's defense is just too good to play the whole game from behind. The Blues need to get the first goal.

There were stretches where the Blues dominated possession. But few dangerous chances and way too few shots. They never really tested Dubnyk.

WoW:handclap:

Exactly the game I watched. Great analysis (albeit brief). The way Minnesota collapses and expands like an accordion in their own zone is rather impressive. We looked unstoppable in the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad