Post-Game Talk: Wild @ Avs | 04/27 | Packed my bags, pre-flight, ready for some Sin City action

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Avs aren't acquiring anyone this offseason. If we pick 3rd we add Drouin and that's about it.

Drouin-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-ROR-Downie
McGinn-Stastny-Jones
Mcleod-Mitchell-Vincour

Hunwick-EJ
Wilson-Elliott
Hejda-Barrie

I believe this is a playoff team.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Personally i'm a little relieved that no matter what happens with the lottery Avs will pick top 3.

This team really needs more talent. Did someone say Connor McDavid? Hmmmm...Another tank perhaps?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Avs aren't acquiring anyone this offseason. If we pick 3rd we add Drouin and that's about it.

Drouin-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-ROR-Downie
McGinn-Stastny-Jones
Mcleod-Mitchell-Vincour

Hunwick-EJ
Wilson-Elliott
Hejda-Barrie

I don't think that's a playoff defense.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I don't think that's a playoff defense.

i don't think so either, but if varly plays like he can and our offence offset's our defense, we might have a chance, looking at our division next year, there aren't too many crazy offensive threats that will pick apart our defense.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013

Drouin-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-ROR-Downie
McGinn-Stastny-Jones
Mcleod-Mitchell-Vincour

Hunwick-EJ
Wilson-Elliott
Hejda-Barrie

Axe hunwick, add a real d, d and then yes sorta.

I really liked hunnys play this year but I think that's as good as he gets... not a top pairing guy ever.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Personally i'm a little relieved that no matter what happens with the lottery Avs will pick top 3.

This team really needs more talent. Did someone say Connor McDavid? Hmmmm...Another tank perhaps?

I hope the Avs aren't anywhere near another lottery pick for a long time.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver

Drouin-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-ROR-Downie
McGinn-Stastny-Jones
Mcleod-Mitchell-Vincour

Hunwick-EJ
Wilson-Elliott
Hejda-Barrie

I'd rather have Malone and Bords on that 4th line.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
I refuse to feel bad about being happy about losing. Finish 23rd and have no consolation prize but still suck? Season was bad enough WITH the silver lining. At least this gives us something to be excited for.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

Drouin-Duchene-PAP
Landeskog-ROR-Downie
McGinn-Stastny-Jones
Mcleod-Mitchell-Vincour

Hunwick-EJ
Wilson-Elliott
Hejda-Barrie

If they don't change anything in the off-season then something is seriously wrong.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
If they don't change anything in the off-season then something is seriously wrong.

The free agency market doesn't look good. And if we look at our contract situation. Making a bigger splash in free agency doesn't make sense. Next season it does. I'm not sure what the Avs can do this summer really.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
NHL team miss playoffs.
AHL team miss playoffs.
All CHL prospects teams knocked out of the playoffs. Only player that still has games to play is Siemens and that's only because his team is hosting the Memorial Cup.

The only winner this organization had this year is Gus Young, winning the NCAA championships.

All hail Gus Young, our savior.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
If Hejduk doesn't retire.. What do we do? Offer him a contract? Where does he fit in? Jones has been **** but we have to give him a chance. And probably MacKinnon/Drouin to be added.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
NHL team miss playoffs.
AHL team miss playoffs.
All CHL prospects teams knocked out of the playoffs. Only player that still has games to play is Siemens and that's only because his team is hosting the Memorial Cup.

The only winner this organization had this year is Gus Young, winning the NCAA championships.

All hail Gus Young, our savior.

still got trevor cheek ;)

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
If Hejduk doesn't retire.. What do we do? Offer him a contract? Where does he fit in? Jones has been **** but we have to give him a chance. And probably MacKinnon/Drouin to be added.

Hes gone. He even picked up the puck at the end of the game.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
The free agency market doesn't look good. And if we look at our contract situation. Making a bigger splash in free agency doesn't make sense. Next season it does. I'm not sure what the Avs can do this summer really.

This team has never spent big in free agency with the exception of the Smyth/Hannan debacle. They trade.

If Greg Sherman is still at the helm I'll undoubtably be uneasy about any potential transactions. But given the way this season went, as well as struggles in recent years, there shouldn't be a long list of untouchables.

Even if it's through depth transactions, management has to shake things up.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
I didn't point out you exactly, just the main fanbase.

BTW Sacco very very pissed about the Kobasew no-goal in the interview.
Sacco not interested about the draft. Couldn't care less about it.
Sacco wants more cycling, pucks down low.
Sacco wants bigger players up front. Likes that we have speed.
Wants a QB defenceman, doesn't think Barrie, Johnson, Elliott are good enough for it. At least not good enough yet.
Blames a lot on injuries, mostly Wilson and EJ. Didn't like to put the other defencemen in the higher pairings.
Sacco demands the team to be better against lesser opponents. Likes the effort against "harder" teams.
Sacco wants Lando to play better, but understands him with the concussion and all.

hopefully he gets it all ......

when he is coaching in the minors again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad