Post-Game Talk: Wild @ Avs | 04/27 | Packed my bags, pre-flight, ready for some Sin City action

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
col%20hejduk%202.jpg

Last game for one of franchise greats?

GDT MUSIC

HUGE
:panthers @ :bolts
3:00 MT

CLINCH 29th Overall
If we win 29th: Lightning have to win.
If we lose: We don't need anybody's help.
Florida: We cannot pass them for 1st overall.
Tampa: Need a big win here in front of their crowd to take the pressure off.
Nashville: We cannot pass them if we win, they hold all the tiebreakers.

Last edited:

m0ngr31

I almost hope we win so that Columbus can get in the playoffs.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I will remain neutral for this one, so that I can not be blamed or blame myself for the outcome. I suggest you all do the same.

edit: If we win tomorrow, we gain a ROW on Nashville.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
So I tweeted Dater before realizing the ROW issue with Nashville, and he took the credit. Jokes on him because he'll look like an idiot if Avs finish 27th. Mwhahaha

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I really want to win Hejduk's last game, CBJ to make the playoffs, and Minnesota to miss out so I think I'm just going to forget about the tank tomorrow.

While I want a top 3 pick, this draft is good enough that top 5 is fine.

Recent 4th-6th overall's have included players like E. Kane, Pietrangelo, Backstrom, Alzner, Kessel, OEL, Zibanejad. Obviously some lesser players in weaker years were picked in that range (Brassard, Gagner, Hickey, Filatov, etc etc), but this draft is pretty strong at the top. We will still have a chance to grab a great player with the top end depth of this draft.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I really want to win Hejduk's last game, CBJ to make the playoffs, and Minnesota to miss out so I think I'm just going to forget about the tank tomorrow.

While I want a top 3 pick, this draft is good enough that top 5 is fine.

Recent 4th-6th overall's have included players like E. Kane, Pietrangelo, Backstrom, Alzner, Kessel, OEL, Zibanejad. Obviously some lesser players in weaker years were picked in that range (Brassard, Gagner, Hickey, Filatov, etc etc), but this draft is pretty strong at the top. We will still have a chance to grab a great player with the top end depth of this draft.

It's just one game, we shouldn't settle for 5th pick in the draft. :sarcasm:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Seph must be drunk lol, :handclap:

Nashville AND Tampa both need at least one point for us to be able to win in regulation.

We can win in the shootout and stay 29th if Tampa picks up a point, because they would hold the ROW tie breaker. (We're tied in ROWs with NSH, The first game against Nashville gets dropped, which results in a tie, which moves to GF/GA differential, which we lose.)

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Surprised Hejduk or Giguere did not announce that this is their last season. Both are done tbh (bad health more of the reason for Giggy, he'd make a decent backup but maybe not in an 82 game schedule).

If we bring Hejduk back next year after overdoing it with Foote (and already overdoing it with Hejduk) then that's a bit of a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad