GDT: Wild @ Avalanche - 4/27/13 - 6:30PM CDT - FSN, FS-WI, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
Who do you suggest should be our starter next season? Harding? Kuemper? Sorry, but I have a hard time believing either one of them can do it. Harding's health situation is uncertain and Kuemper isn't ready for that kind of responsibility yet. There are also next to no good FA goalies available.

Bryzgalov when he gets bought out :D

Edit: Apparently Mason is starting for Nashville? :shakehead

Last edited:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

Not surprising. The Preds are doing a good job at tanking, I don't think they're really even planning on playing spoilers. The Avs on the other hand are planning on it. We might as well say it: No win tonight- No playoffs

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
I have absolutely no faith in this underacheiving joke of a team.
We'll lose 3-1 and then us not firing Yeo will be the icing on the ****ing cake.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
2-1 OT win. Kaptain with 2 goals and the crowd goes bananas.

You know this is an away game right?

:(. I would have loved to see them play spoiler.
But after that *'"§$%!"§$*#! gimmick point they picked up in the SO last night, I will have to jump on your bandwagon for one game.

How good does your team usually react to pressure? (I saw last night but do they always fold like a chair?)

Your guess is as good as ours at this point really.

Bryzgalov when he gets bought out :D

I'd take Bryz for a year or three. We just need to get a coach with a system that has a competent defense so we don't throw him under the bus like Philly did. That's part of the reason I would not want Laviolette.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Experienced mn sports fan prediction: We lose this game but win the draft lottery

Oh dude, I already called that one about 3 days after the deadline :biglaugh: the only saving grace is I think the pick can only move up like 5 spots from where you finish in the season or something. So if we finished 17th, they would only pick 12th.

But it would be poetic justice if, for once, we won the damn thing. Will show that the major sports just mock this state's collective fanbase

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Oh dude, I already called that one about 3 days after the deadline :biglaugh: the only saving grace is I think the pick can only move up like 5 spots from where you finish in the season or something. So if we finished 17th, they would only pick 12th.

But it would be poetic justice if, for once, we won the damn thing. Will show that the major sports just mock this state's collective fanbase

No they changed it so anyone in the 14 team lottery pool can win it.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
No they changed it so anyone in the 14 team lottery pool can win it.

cereal-guy.jpg

Wait....so they would automatically get 1st overall even if we finished 17th??

cereal-guy-cereal-guy-spitting.jpg

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site

Nashville is in a tough spot today. On one hand, they've had a very physical and sometimes nasty rivalry with CBJ, and they have a chance to stick it to them one last time before the realignment.

On the other hand, you know they would LOVE to stick it to the Wild for signing Suter away from them.

Apparently, they chose the Wild :help:

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
That would be the most epic fail, even for a Minnesota sports team.

Donno about that, I watched the 1998 Vikings lose by missing a field goal when their kicker (who had missed no kicks ALL season) shanked a kick to get into the super bowl. The 2009 Vikings fumbled away their chance at a super bowl.

The 2007-2008 Wild won the division but lost in the first round to... Jose Theodore.

The 2006-2007 Wild got tuned up in every way imaginable against the Ducks in the playoffs (notice how we still play soft like that's the MN nice way to be).

Plus, there are many examples from the T-Wolves and Twins (though, the Twins actually were champions in a galaxy far, far away).

MN Sports.....:cry:

CG5

Jan 18, 2011
Waukesha, WI
I expected them to win last night so I made plans tonight and won't be able to watch this one. Almost, don't really feel bad about missing the game.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Donno about that, I watched the 1998 Vikings lose by missing a field goal when their kicker (who had missed no kicks ALL season) shanked a kick to get into the super bowl. The 2009 Vikings fumbled away their chance at a super bowl.

The 2007-2008 Wild won the division but lost in the first round to... Jose Theodore.

The 2006-2007 Wild got tuned up in every way imaginable against the Ducks in the playoffs (notice how we still play soft like that's the MN nice way to be).

Yeah but this would be trading your 1st pick while you are leading your division and all signs point to you making the playoffs to not only miss the playoffs but end up taking 1st overall.

Plus, there are many examples from the T-Wolves and Twins (though, the Twins actually were champions in a galaxy far, far away).

I called it when we traded for PomPom but I was hoping it didn't come true.

Seriously tho we ****ed.

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013

All of those examples and yet none of them were nearly as ugly as that thing last night.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
So Jarick, what were the odds at a few weeks ago on this team making the playoffs :biglaugh: like 95% or something??

After the winning streak someone posted a link with all that good stuff and we were at 99.2 % of making the playoffs. The 03-04(?) Vikings were the worst choke job ever in Minnesota. The year they lost in Arizona the last week of the season

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
After the winning streak someone posted a link with all that good stuff and we were at 99.2 % of making the playoffs. The 03-04(?) Vikings were the worst choke job ever in Minnesota. The year they lost in Arizona the last week of the season

Didn't the Twins come close to a WS and choked it away against the Yankees about 10 years ago??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad