GDT: Wild at Preds: now turn on your TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't have an issue with how we played tonight. Plenty of chances, just couldn't get one in.

I'm actually fairly encouraged by that back-to-back. Nashville is a good measuring stick, and we were with them step for step in both games.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I thought Nashville had the better of the play (from my flipping), but not by much. Being home was probably the difference?

I'd like to see how they matchup when Parise and Nino are healthy. This would be a brutal Playoff matchup.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Serious lack of skill up front. With Koivu MIA and Nino out, goalscoring ability is in short supply. Once again, I am underwhelmed by the bottom six.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Good game. Couldn't get anything to go. I think they got tired as the game went on. Dumba didn't have quite as good a game as yesterday. One terrible call against him but one legit penalty. PK was good but just took a couple too many. Didn't really like the line shuffling towards the end of the game but oh well. This team is going to look legit with Nino and Parise back in the lineup. Still get frustrated to see Stewart and Foligno every night.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
considering we're maybe playing at 70% i thought we played well against a cup contender. the effort was there , the talent well hmmmm.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Dislikes from last night:

I think that was the worst I've ever seen Stewart play. No effort whatsoever. Turned the puck over at both blue lines numerous times. He was not physical at all, in a game where the Preds were "finishing " all their checks. Looked terrible in the defensive zone. Really disappointed in him.

I think the physical play of Nashville effected Brodin negatively. He seemed, timid, and wasn't able to transition the puck out of the zone as well as he usually does.

I know you have to get Olafsson some ice time, but I think Reilly played really well last night and was very effective at transitioning the puck out of our zone.

I thought Suter looked tired. Had no jump.

Refs: seemed to be effected by the home crowd. So much clutch and grab/ interference stuff not called against the Preds, whilst calling imaginary penalties against the Wild (especially the Dumba call).

Wabit

May 23, 2016
4th straight game, 6th game in the last 9, Koivu has taken a penalty. He has to stop reaching.

I don't mind Olofsson over Reilly last night. I haven't noticed Reilly on the ice in the last few game, not necessarily a bad thing. I didn't notice Olosffon on the ice last night either.

JEE was alone on his line last night.

I liked the 1st PP, the other 2 not much I liked. Koivu around the net and Zucker in the high slot. Spurgeon made some bad decisions with his shots.

I didn't notice the Cullen line, but that could be due to watching the football game. They could have been awful or great for all I know.

I really liked the flow of the game. It was fun to watch. It gives me hope that they could have a decent team if/when their FWD group ever gets healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad