GDT: Wild at Preds: now turn on your TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's hard to turn the hockey game off and flip back to the football game.

I like this version of the Wild. Entertaining hockey.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The good news is both teams played last night, so neither has the advantage of fresh legs. The only advantage in play is Nashville is at home. But we have to stay out of the box or the legs are gonna get really heavy.

Two very fast paced games between these two clubs though. It's refreshing.

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
The good news is both teams played last night, so neither has the advantage of fresh legs.

I am curious if there is actual data to support the premise that the team playing back-to-back games is impaired by exhaustion? I keep hearing it repeated time and time again in TV broadcasts but it's never accompanied by comparison of team normal winning percentage to back-to-back game winning percentage. I have never myself noticed the team playing worse in back-to-back games (aside from playing the back-up goaltender).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild have to stay out of the box, and stop turning the puck over in the middle of the ice. Not a lot of shots are getting through, but the Preds have a few subpar Dmen , so they have to keep trying.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I am curious if there is actual data to support the premise that the team playing back-to-back games is impaired by exhaustion? I keep hearing it repeated time and time again in TV broadcasts but it's never accompanied by comparison of team normal winning percentage to back-to-back game winning percentage. I have never myself noticed the team playing worse in back-to-back games (aside from playing the back-up goaltender).

From my eye test, teams run out of gas sometime in the 3rd. Passes stop being crisp, more in skates and over sticks than tape-to-tape, less ToI between line changes, more mistakes. It's little things, but they add up.

Reactions: HwT

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Of all the chances that one is the first goal of the game. =/

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
From my eye test, teams run out of gas sometime in the 3rd. Passes stop being crisp, more in skates and over sticks than tape-to-tape, less ToI between line changes, more mistakes. It's little things, but they add up.

Really? I have been looking for the same stuff and never noticed teams playing worse in the third. I wonder to what extent we are both affected by confirmation bias looking for evidence supporting our own preexisting belief. Which is why I would like to see some actual numbers presented by TV broadcasts (though need to eliminate other variables like playing backup goaltenders in back-to-back games).

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So the endding PP's with a penalty has returned to the Wild's game tonight. =/

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well I can leave it on the Badger game now. 2-0 comeback doesn't look like it's happening tonight.

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
Nashville scores on Tennessee powerball lottery powerplay. That is a quite mouthful for Preds broadcasters to say.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dumb shots from Spurgeon on the point during the last PP. They were telegraphed and guys were in the lanes.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Nashville scores on Tennessee powerball lottery powerplay. That is a quite mouthful for Preds broadcasters to say.
You mean they stopped booing and singing that damn country song long enough to say that?!

Disclaimer: I have nothing against country music. It just doesn't belong in hockey.

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
Wild have been solid today, but I am still a firm believer in the idea that we need to score at least one goal in a game to win.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
You playing some weird animal bingo here?
badgers.jpg

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Game was A LOT closer than the score indicates. That second goal was pure luck.

If it was an empty netter, do they do that childish chant but instead say the net sucks instead of the goalie? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad