Confirmed with Link: Wild and Dumba settle on a 5 year, 6M AAV contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Good signing. Would have liked to see 7 years but 5 is good. Expectations have been raised, go earn that money Dumba!

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Halfway tempted to see who got the closest to that number in the threads :laugh:

So near the end of the playoff run, it was bridge deal. Then we started seeing it shift to 5x5 or 6x6 ... and so on. So far I've seen two people the closest:

Wild11MN at 4x$6 (July 10), who also in May said he should get $5.5-$6m
keppel146 at 5-6x$5.5M with cap at $6M (June I think, already close it out)

And Dr Jan Itor in June said $6M but didn't list term

Rest appears to either super low (low years) or high ($7M+) until about Mid July and then damn near everyone was almost on the money

Last edited:

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Good for him!
He's tries to be a little to fancy for his own good, which is usually his downfall in most of his defensive lapses.
However, he's dynamic and willing to take those chances. Well deserved signing, especially after he showed can carry the load after Suter and Spurg went down.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Would have liked more term at that price, but it still eats up 2 years of UFA. If he keeps improving his defense, he's going to be among the best offensive defensemen in the league, if he's not seen as one already.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
This is fair. Almost identical to Barrie contract. You can look at guys like Orlov, Krug, Lindholm, Parayko and even Spurgeon at lower 5s and argue maybe ~5.5 (with cap increase) was the mark for a "great deal" here. But Dumba had a lot of leverage after a 50 point season and after lifting his all-around game to next level. He will be 29 once this is done so there's still time for another longer-term deal.

This was Fenton's first major move and it was okay. Nothing to sing praises for but reasonable and solidly average.

Next is Zucker. Marchessault signed for 5M and Atkinson for 5.875M during last season. Miller for 5.25M just few weeks ago. Palat for 5.3M last summer. I think I'd call lower 5 good, mid 5 ehh, and higher than Granlund too much. Zucker has the leverage here too, but he's just not as important as Dumba is.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
This is fair. Almost identical to Barrie contract. You can look at guys like Orlov, Krug, Lindholm, Parayko and even Spurgeon at lower 5s and argue maybe ~5.5 (with cap increase) was the mark for a "great deal" here. But Dumba had a lot of leverage after a 50 point season and after lifting his all-around game to next level. He will be 29 once this is done so there's still time for another longer-term deal.

This was Fenton's first major move and it was okay. Nothing to sing praises for but reasonable and solidly average.

Next is Zucker. Marchessault signed for 5M and Atkinson for 5.875M during last season. Miller for 5.25M just few weeks ago. Palat for 5.3M last summer. I think I'd call lower 5 good, mid 5 ehh, and higher than Granlund too much. Zucker has the leverage here too, but he's just not as important as Dumba is.
Well said. I agree that $5.5M was the perfect number. Would've liked to get an extra year or two if they were going to give him $6M but nothing to get worked up over.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Good post, well put. Hope we sign Zucker soon.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well glad hes still a mn wild. congrats dumba, congrats new wild mgmt. while dumba makes a few defensive mistakes he is getting better. offensively hes turning into pk dumba!

Reactions: Digitalbooya

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just realized Detroit is paying Danny DeKeyser 5M for 4 more years.
In case any of you were wondering if this contract could be worse.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Personally, i'd still rather have Forsberg who I was dumbfounded they past on.

But Dumba has certainly closed the gap.

I really wanted Forsberg on draft day, but I really liked Dumba too. At this point, I’m glad we have Dumba over Forsberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad