Wild and Avs Frontrunners for Stadium Series Games Next Season

FoppaForsberg*

Nice! Although I would've preferred Winter Classic, less gimmicky.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Kinda lame. I know the Wild are supposed to be rivals for us since Cooke injured Barrie last postseason, but Avs-Hawks games are where it's at. Those two teams never have games that aren't exciting as all balls. Plus Avs-Wild games aren't that fun, they're usually pretty tense and tight, but not the kind of back & forth creativity that comes out in Avs-Hawks games which is such a great advertisement for the league.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Kinda lame. I know the Wild are supposed to be rivals for us since Cooke injured Barrie last postseason, but Avs-Hawks games are where it's at. Those two teams never have games that aren't exciting as all balls. Plus Avs-Wild games aren't that fun, they're usually pretty tense and tight, but not the kind of back & forth creativity that comes out in Avs-Hawks games which is such a great advertisement for the league.

The article has Avs hosting their own stadium series game. The Avs and Wild aren't playing each other.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Re-read the title and article... Wild and Avs are frontrunners for Stadium Series GameS... as in, each hosting one of their own...

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Dallas - Minnesota
Detroit - Colorado
xxxx - Winnipeg
Boston - St. Louis (Winter Classic)

This is what I'd like to see. I'm curious about who gets the Winter Classic though, mostly every big market team has hosted one, and Toronto is likely to host theirs during their centennial year.

EDIT: And just for fun, Tampa Bay - Florida :naughty:

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
Glad to hear that Minnesota, Colorado and Winnipeg are going to host outdoor games (just realized that they're all Central Division teams). Even though the teams that I follow are ones that have participated in one or more outdoor games before, I hope the league chooses visiting teams for these games that haven't participated in an outdoor game before, rather than the usual suspects, or at least those who haven't participated more than once before. Yeah, I know it's about ratings, and the popular teams bring in ratings, but I think quite a few people are getting sick of the same few teams participating in these outdoor games over and over again...

I put together a list of the number of times a team has participated in an outdoor game in the last 10 years for a different thread a few days ago, and have included it here in case anyone's curious:

3 times
Chicago (including this year's)
NYR
Pittsburgh

2 times
Detroit
LA
Philadelphia
Washington (including this year's)

1 time
Anaheim
Boston
Buffalo
Calgary
Montreal
New Jersey
NYI
Ottawa
San Jose
Toronto
Vancouver

0 times
Arizona
Carolina
Colorado (hosting Stadium Series next season?)
Columbus
Dallas
Edmonton
Florida
Minnesota (hosting Stadium Series next season?)
Nashville
St. Louis
Tampa Bay
Winnipeg (hosting Heritage Classic next season?)

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
When single game tickets go on sale for the hosting team. (Obviously season ticket holders get these included with their season tickets)

Expanding on this, I wonder how season ticket holders choose what seats they get at the outdoor game locations? Anyone a STH for other teams that have had a WC or Stadium series? Is it as simple as picking a seat of equal or lesser value of your season seats?

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Yawn. So sick of these outdoor games already.

That's probably because your team's had multiple of them.

I've had mine! No one else can have one. :scared: :scared:

Sorry, guys - the buffet's closed because I'm full.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Expanding on this, I wonder how season ticket holders choose what seats they get at the outdoor game locations? Anyone a STH for other teams that have had a WC or Stadium series? Is it as simple as picking a seat of equal or lesser value of your season seats?

Now that's a good question!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad