Post-Game Talk: Wild 5, Oilers 2

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I guess there won't be 9 PGT's tonight... Sigh...

Tough one to watch, but games like this happen.

I think we out-chanced them, but every mistake was in our net.

I think that's the most frustrating part. They didn't earn it, we handed it to them.

Props to the boys for playing hard right till the final bell.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Dr Drai with a $212,000, 20th goal of the year. Bonus time.
I liked that hip check Larsson had.
Russell had a rough night. Talbot wasn't to blame for this loss at all.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
3 brutal plays by Russell aside, the Oilers size didn't show up. Wild won every defensive rebound, of which there were many. Kuemper was kicking them out all game and the Oilers just didn't work for a second chance.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
due for a stinker...and no shame in losing to the Wild
they're simply better right now

they didn't play too poorly, just too many mistakes that ended up in the back of their net

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Horrid play in our zone. Kuemper with his 0.901 sav% just had to have probably his best game of the year against us too, jerk.

Wake up call for the team. Time to get serious again.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Minnesota beat us
Is that a surprise to you?

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
If we allow every Oiler one bad game, that would account for atleast 18 losses a season right there. That is not ok.
Russell deserves the criticism he gets today

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Also not sure if the McBlender helped all that much tonight. Pouliot seemed to get worse after getting moved away from RNH/Eberle. If your second line is playing better than your first line for a game then just let that happen. If anything, bump up somebody like Slepyshev and see how that works.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
- Oilers actually played pretty even with the Wild but our mistakes cost us this game. Mistakes that been very rare for the past month or so. Tonight those mistakes reared their ugly head again. Maybe it was the Wilds speed and tight checking, maybe the Oilers were just off their game after a long break.

- 2nd pairing was egregious. 2nd goal was on Sekera, 3rd goal on Russell.

- Lucic with bad giveaway on first goal, but made up for it with a beauty pass for Drais 20th.

- Nuge and Ebs still playing good.

- Pouliot still sucks. Just can't execute anything this year. He needs to be demoted to 3rd line. Lucic should get time with RNH.

- Klefbom continues to be a shot generation machine for us. Future is bright for him. Still a chance he becomes a true #1 D for us.

- McDavid held pointless sucks. Crosby gets a point :(

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Guys played with zero emotion. We are not gonna win many that way.

Just because we didn't win, doesn't mean we were utter ****. Team came out strong but the Wild pounced on our mistakes. Their goal at the end of the first and right after our first goal were the backbreakers.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I'm now noticing the pattern that whenever (a) they have a layoff (like now), or (b) they come back from a road-trip, the first game at home is always a stinker. Problem that needs to get solved.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Just because we didn't win, doesn't mean we were utter ****. Team came out strong but the Wild pounced on our mistakes. Their goal at the end of the first and right after our first goal were the backbreakers.

Agreed. Tonight was not a loss based on lack of effort. It was a loss based on bad execution. Too many mistakes leading to turnovers turning into goals against. It happens.

Also, the Wild are the best team since December. No way Oilers fans should be too down after this loss.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Also, Lucic is so weak getting the puck out of our zone. Him along the boards trying to get it out is scary to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad