Post-Game Talk: Wild 5, Devils 2

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
McLeod with an xGF% of 2.88. I don't think I've ever seen anyone lower. His xGF was .01 :laugh:
He sucks.

23 game goal drought going back to the third to last game he played last year on May 6th. That’s actually his only goal in the last 29 games. If he don’t score a goal tomorrow night it’ll be 1 goal in his last 30 games and a 24 game goalless drought.

And he didn’t even score his first goal in the NHL until his 39th game. All 9 of his goals in the NHL came in a 45 game span last year. So he has a donut for goals in his first 39 and his last 23. If he were taken 37th overall of his draft year like Boqvist was, they wouldn’t cling to him like they do. He’ll probably be here another two years after this at the least, just because of the first round pick status. And a pretty low one at that, picked in the first half of the first round.

Camille the Eel

Hard to find a lot of positives about this one but Tatar's play was one thing.

Minesota's top line of Kaprisov, Zucharrielo and Hartman was as impressive as any line we've matched up against this year. It felt like they could have had ten goals with the looks they had. While we, on the other hand, didn't look very dangerous. The score was indicative of how the game was played.

It's a long season. We are only one quarter through. Time to right the ship and get back on course. It has to start with the fundamental things; playing sound positional hockey in our own end would be a good one to begin with, with the players knowing their assignments, taking care of them and relying on their teammates to do their jobs as well, instead of everyone running around out of position. As to the offense, certainly we need to go to the net more and get the puck there too. Time to simplify things at both ends I would say.

Last edited:

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
upload_2021-12-2_22-24-15.gif

If I see another puck bounce out of Blackwood’s glove..

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The OKC Thunder lost by 73 points tonight. Also...COVID, partisanship, wealth inequality, tech monopolies, gerrymandering, MERSA, gun violence and poorly regulated crypto markets.

There. That's everything off my chest.

We didn’t start the fire…It was always burning, since the world's been turning

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
f*** yes. nice

never seen this

Warren Zevin was beloved it seems. Hindu Love Gods was him being backed by most of REM. He’s had a number of big names backing him up over the years. Underrated performer and writer and gone too soon. I am proud I got to see him play live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad