Post-Game Talk: Wild 5, Devils 2

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Once the puck carrier enters the zone, it take a long ass time for the other 4 guys to get to their positions. I think that's a big problem with our set ups - the puck carrier gets in, but then they have to play keep-away for 7 seconds while the other dumbasses get to where they need to be. Put the slightest bit of pressure on the guy with the puck and he's going to cough it up because he has no support.

No one moves on the top unit besides Jack and Hamliton too. Zacha needs to be the other half boards spot since his shot is actually threatening with Nico net front. Or they gotta use Bratt on PP1, lol.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I think our PP is one of the largest issues we have.
Not only is it not a positive , it takes away any momentum we have plus effects our top 6 guys in a negative way. When they struggle on the PP , it carries over into their 5 on 5 play. They have zero confidence and they all seem to be slumping and I think a large portion of it has to revolve around the dismal PP.

I strongly feel that a lot of our struggles are tied to the crap PP. If that ever got going , the rest of the game would improve. You can see that when they are struggling to score, they get too uptght and their play drops off. They seem to be a very fragile team. When they score first and score often , you can see their entire game pick up and everyone plays with more intensity and it carries over for a few games.
When they struggle , it takes them forever to get going again. Too inconsistent and too many ups and downs depending on diversity.

I've been begging for a sniper the day we landed Jack Hughes with the 1st overall pick. His game is made to open up space for a legit sniper to just crank shots left and right. There was a legit sniper on the market who fit our age group but wasn't of interest by the majority of this board because his all around game was abysmal according to analytics. There was another sniper who was actually on the market this summer but had certain injury issues. If someone is filling the net with pucks but isn't a stud on the PK or his own zone, I couldn't care less. Everyone has a different role on the job and you have guys that do this but can't do that and vice-versa. If we have a pass happy team, shouldn't we look at adding someone to complement our best player? He did semi miracles with Sharangovich last year who isn't even close to being as effective as the two other guys that were available, but we passed them over for whatever reason.

With the emergence of Dawson Mercer, I think we have a golden opportunity to move a key piece to change the face of this franchise and add assets we're desperatly lacking. It's not an easy move to make but that's part of the job. You can't keep your core together when you have too much of the same that just isn't getting it done and not enough of what wins you game at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad