Confirmed with Link: Wideman to Pitt

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Something else has to happen, we don't have $1M in cap space unless he's going to W-B/S

It wouldn't be $1 million would it? More like $400,000 for the remainder of the year. Or is that the difference for both trades for the remainder of the year?

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
If Pitts trade Malkin, you might as well rebuild. By the time the pens are competitive again Crosby will be ready to retire.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Crosby.

I'm already resigned to Johnson-Gunbranson being for Malkin.

Geno is going to literally behead someone with a stick if he has to play in front of that pairing for more than a few games.

Reactions: Casanova

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
It wouldn't be $1 million would it? More like $400,000 for the remainder of the year. Or is that the difference for both trades for the remainder of the year?
I can math, but I'm all thumbs :laugh: I'm not sure we even have that. We had like 500K and some change but nothing was retained for the Gudbranson deal so that would have left us with around 250K, maybe? CapFriendly hasn't been updated for this one.

Edit: General consensus is that this is an AHL deal, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
JR is killing this team.
No were past tense now. He killed the team.

We smoked the Sharks and we all said they have an old core and are done. Since then both our orgs have gone in completely opposite directions.

We will be Edmonton and Anaheim bad in very very short notice. Only Sid and Malkin have us treading bubble playoff hockey and with these D, they won't be getting the puck.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Im calmed down right now. 1m cap hit, expiring contract, for JS Dea. This doesn't hurt us long term like the Gudbranson deal does. Would much rather have done just this.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad