Confirmed with Link: Wideman to Pitt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I actually kind of wanted a move just like this one... but ONLY a move like this one.

This is likely just to bolster the AHL club and get some depth. But this move in conjunction with Gudbranson tells me Letang is way more f***ed up than they are letting on.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I actually kind of wanted a move just like this one... but ONLY a move like this one.

This is likely just to bolster the AHL club and get some depth. But this move in conjunction with Gudbranson tells me Letang is way more ****ed up than they are letting on.

I doubt it. They think they are a playoff team and Olli Maatta is probably out until mid April.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
What?

giphy.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Really don’t think you’re answering this query in the spirit in which it was asked.

You could stick around to stop him from doing crap like this, could you?

Was it was so demeaning when he dumped a cup of soy sauce on your head for bringing back COLD Kung Pao chicken?

I'm not sure who I blame more for this debacle . . . @ColePens . . . or YOU.

Reactions: Lustaf

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Why be upset about this? It’s a minor-league deal. I don’t know if he’ll make an appearance on the big club, but if it weren’t for the injuries to Letang, Dumoulin, and Maatta, he absolutely wouldn’t.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Why be upset about this? It’s a minor-league deal. I don’t know if he’ll make an appearance on the big club, but if it weren’t for the injuries to Letang, Dumoulin, and Maatta, he absolutely wouldn’t.

Is anyone upset about it? I didn't think they were. Unless some of the Gudbranson rage is poisoning the well over in this thread.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This makes me concerned about the health of Tanger and Dumo despite what they said being day to day.
Yep. This is exactly what happened in 2017.

To the fans and media : "Letang's fine. He'll be back soon."
Behind the scenes: "Quick! We got to get some defensemen! Letang ain't coming back this year!"
To the fans and media : "We acquired Hainsey and Streit just becasue."

Reactions: TNT87

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
At least this guy is cheap and a UFA to be, but is he any better than Riikola? I mean, f***, he's averaging 13 min on 3 of the worst teams in the league this year.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
At least this guy is cheap and a UFA to be, but is he any better than Riikola? I mean, ****, he's averaging 13 min on 3 of the worst teams in the league this year.

Doubt he's better than Riikola/Ruhwedel/Prow. Its depth I guess, at least it keeps Prow in WBS if the Baby Pens make the playoffs.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Dumoulin-Letang
Johnson-Schultz
Petterson-Gudbranson
Riikola-Wideman

ouch...

Johnson and Gudbranson are dead weight signed at hefty deals. Absolute garbage by JR. This is not 2007, JJ and Guddy do not work in today's NHL. what a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad