Confirmed with Link: Wideman to Pitt

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Lol wtf. There have been so many good Panthers in the last five years.

Why doesn't JR get one of them if he wants to be Florida so badly?

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Why be upset about this? It’s a minor-league deal. I don’t know if he’ll make an appearance on the big club, but if it weren’t for the injuries to Letang, Dumoulin, and Maatta, he absolutely wouldn’t.

I agree, with 3 of your top 4 defenseman out you had to pick up some depth. This trade is a good one for that. I wouldn’t mind the Gudbranson trade if he was making $2 million. $4 million for a bottom pairing defenseman and enforcer is way too much but desperate times call for desperate measures. Hopefully these guys can keep us afloat until Dumoulin and Letang are back. Sounds like Letang is just day to day so hopefully we have Dumoulin and Letang back in a week or two. Maatta by the playoffs and then we will be at full strength. 10 defenseman if they all get healthy. It would be very interesting to see who sits if they do all get back. This reminds me of the year we got Hainsey and Streit when we had all the defenseman out.

Like I said the only thing I don’t like is that cap hit on Gudbranson. We might have to do another Hunwick type trade this summer. Needed some toughness though because teams have really started taking liberties on our star players. We literally had no player to handle those situations and until the garage league officials start calling these goons infractions Gudbranson is needed or someone like him. Good to see he all ready beat up Wilson.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
JR has completely lost the plot. It is true you need d to block shots but you can't have all the garbage on the ice at the same time...

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Ita pretty tough to get excited or pissed at any of these moves.

The likelihood of the team making serious noise in the playoffs was pretty low to begin with. I haven't checked the injury thread so I'm not sure how long letang will be out.

But that aside .. JJ and EG in the lineup at the same time is just .. ugh. Unless they are limited to under 10 min a game to minimize the damage, games are going to get a whole lot uglier before they get better.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
What's the problem with an AHL deal? I would understand if it was for someone like Blueger, but Dea was never going to make it in Pittsburgh.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
What's the problem with an AHL deal? I would understand if it was for someone like Blueger, but Dea was never going to make it in Pittsburgh.
If you read the thread, most of the negativity is about the Gubrandson deal which is spilling over to here. Not too many people care about this deal, it was an AHL tweener for an AHL tweener. Neither of these guys really even count as prospects anymore.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad