Why Was Burke There?

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Probably some Olympic scouting and scouting for Calgary in general. Just because he's pretty darn familiar with the team doesn't mean he couldn't use a look to see where everyone currently is at.

And hey probably didn't hurt to get a chance to see how Rielly performed in his first NHL game.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Maybe hes looking at Reimer. I would not hesitate for a Reimer deal as long as its worth it. We must move one of them and as much as a love Reimer he has basically been told your only #1 if Bernier doesnt pan out.

Move Reimer for Monohan/Beartschi/ 1st thats all i would accept from them. even the 1st id be iffy about.

It is way too early to move Reimer. Imo, we should not consider moving him until the end of the season.

Feb 24, 2004
HNIC showed Burke at the Leafs game tonight.

Pre-game Elliotte Friedman said teams are calling the Leafs about Jake Gardiner and the Leafs said they will move him for an equivalent prospect or prospects.

Burke brought Gardiner to the Ducks, then to the Leafs.

In my submission, Burke's ACC appearance was Jake Gardiner related.

Discuss.

Needs help with his tie.

BayStreetBullies*

Whos-laughing-now-iza4vi.jpg

Kadri43*

Oct 1, 2010
noneofyourbusiness
Maybe hes looking at Reimer. I would not hesitate for a Reimer deal as long as its worth it. We must move one of them and as much as a love Reimer he has basically been told your only #1 if Bernier doesnt pan out.

Move Reimer for Monohan/Beartschi/ 1st thats all i would accept from them. even the 1st id be iffy about.

If Calgary offers their 1st, we drive Reimer to the airport. Flames are looking at a lottery pick. No way does Feaster offer a 1st.

BayStreetBullies*

Exactly, he just has an opportunity to attend a Leafs home opener. Who wouldn't go? Surprised Bettman and Daly weren't there.

Bettman doesn't care about Toronto, or Canadian teams in general. I'm sure he's still butthurt about Winnipeg getting a franchise again before any of his doomed-to-fail American cities.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Gioradno as the main piece for Gardiner is a potential deal.

Gio is exactly what the Leafs need as a minute munching Dman who can do everything well. He's in his prime well the Leafs are contending over the next few years. He's on a nice cap hit but Burke could make it even more attractive with retaining salary.

I like Gardiner but he does have some decision making holes and Toronto is trying to compete right now and if Phanuef, Franson, Rielly are here we've got no issue with offence from our Dman.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If Calgary offers their 1st, we drive Reimer to the airport. Flames are looking at a lottery pick. No way does Feaster offer a 1st.

I think if we're trading any goalie (yeah yeah i can make the reverse argument too, we're being fair here), What we got for Bernier is going to be comparison. 2 Roster Players who can make an impact. (no potential/project guys), and a pick.

the thing is - we retained salary, but we don't need salary to be retained so that retention can easily be = to another pick.

so two roster players + 2 picks OR
a very very good roster player + a #1
or... 2 high picks + 1 low pick [that one would probably be depending on the team, though].

Bettman doesn't care about Toronto, or Canadian teams in general. I'm sure he's still butthurt about Winnipeg getting a franchise again before any of his doomed-to-fail American cities.

I find it hard to believe that Bettman does not care about Toronto as we're (one of) the team(s) that makes the other teams operate in this league. (thank you billion dollar franchise).

Gioradno as the main piece for Gardiner is a potential deal.

Gio is exactly what the Leafs need as a minute munching Dman who can do everything well. He's in his prime well the Leafs are contending over the next few years. He's on a nice cap hit but Burke could make it even more attractive with retaining salary.

I like Gardiner but he does have some decision making holes and Toronto is trying to compete right now and if Phanuef, Franson, Rielly are here we've got no issue with offence from our Dman.

I think Gio's the captain? (i should know this, I live here). just did a google, yes. he's the captain, so I don't see them naming him captain, and then shipping him out a few months later.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
um, you know, somebody who got ****-canned by the leafs in the same calendar year

Gotta brush that aside man. This is the home opener of the LEAFS. How many opportunities are there in a lifetime? Whatever the number it's not enough:laugh:

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
HNIC showed Burke at the Leafs game tonight.

Pre-game Elliotte Friedman said teams are calling the Leafs about Jake Gardiner and the Leafs said they will move him for an equivalent prospect or prospects.

Burke brought Gardiner to the Ducks, then to the Leafs.

In my submission, Burke's ACC appearance was Jake Gardiner related.

Discuss.

Misses the ACC food?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Exactly, he just has an opportunity to attend a Leafs home opener. Who wouldn't go? Surprised Bettman and Daly weren't there.

I didn't, dump them as soon as I could. Not a fan of ceremonies or Saturday night games.

I imagine Burke was just in town and wanted to catch a game. Glad they showed him, he's sorely missed.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I didn't, dump them as soon as I could. Not a fan of ceremonies or Saturday night games.

I imagine Burke was just in town and wanted to catch a game. Glad they showed him, he's sorely missed.

Actually my son didn't go either, his girlfriend's dad offered him a free seat in the lower bowl. He passed because there was a family gathering on my wife's side and since he doesn't see them that often he passed on the game. He told us about it as we were passing the ACC on our way home from the gathering. All I said was I would have went to the game:cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad