News Article: Why The Montreal Canadiens Need To Acquire Max Talbot

VL55

Aug 12, 2010
Montreal
We could move White + a D prospect for Talbot.

Depending on the identity of the D prospect, Philly may have to even this with a pick coming our way.

Ideally we'd send Moen their way instead of White but they have Pro Scout. They've seen him play too...

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I'd love him on this team. As Gaston Therrien would say, it would make us ''difficile de jouer contre''.

3thfb1.jpg

Thanks to Dr Gonzo for the inspiration!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
We could move White + a D prospect for Talbot.

Depending on the identity of the D prospect, Philly may have to even this with a pick coming our way.

Ideally we'd send Moen their way instead of White but they have Pro Scout. They've seen him play too...

As long as that D prospect isn't Beaulieu or Tinordi...

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Imagine Prust and Talbot together

:amazed:

yeah, pretty much this.

Go get him Bergevin. Not sure why the Flyers would want Moen with his brand new contract though. But maybe they'd take Dumont for him.

I'd keep White. He have a mean streak no one else have. He will learn to balance between that and his discipline one day and he'll become a great asset.

Prust - Talbot - White

yes.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Don't really see the point of getting he especially with what he might cost in a trade. Dude is nothing all that special and as mentioned is having a difficult season. Would really depend on who would be going the other way and where Therrien would play him.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
It definitely should. It cracks me up every time because I read it (and I hope everyone else does as well) with a Gaston Therrien accent.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I would love Talbot. A big upgrade over White or Armstrong. Moen
may yet turn his game around.

The real problem is that Phili has no reason to trade him. And I don't
think we should overpay. So unless you think Phili under-rates what he
brings, there probably can't be a deal.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I would love Talbot. A big upgrade over White or Armstrong. Moen
may yet turn his game around.

The real problem is that Phili has no reason to trade him. And I don't
think we should overpay. So unless you think Phili under-rates what he
brings, there probably can't be a deal.

Well, they might like Moen's pedigree and size. Lots of teams do.

Analyzer*

It definitely should. It cracks me up every time because I read it (and I hope everyone else does as well) with a Gaston Therrien accent.

I know you explained it to me before, but I forgot it... Or I'm remembering it.

Y Ress is like Y rester You know, that verb.

In English you could say " There rests a choice" which is how I view Y ress une chose.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Since it's clear Weber doesn't have a future in Montreal, I'd offer him along with Moen for Talbot. Not sure Philly says yes, though.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The guy is a playoff warrior...

Moen is a playoff warrior too and was a pretty key complementary player for the Ducks in their cup win (12pts in 21 games). He's a solid 4th liner. If we were to get Talbot, I rather it is to replace Armstrong.

DerektheHabsfan82

Jan 11, 2013
MTL
I know you explained it to me before, but I forgot it... Or I'm remembering it.

Y Ress is like Y rester You know, that verb.

In English you could say " There rests a choice" which is how I view Y ress une chose.

Y ress une chose is "Il reste une chose"

In english you would say:
There's one last thing,

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Could be interesting...the Rangers are a mess right now, they lost Prust and some sandpaper, and seem to have tuned out Torts, the Quiz Master....

Boyle was Prust's line-mate in NYR, too. He hasn't had a good season this year, so it because one of those "change of scenery" things - but I think he would be a solid pick-up for Montreal. He's also gigantic and likes to go to the net, and is hard to move from that spot.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
Boyd Gordon is a guy I would like to see the Habs target. He is very good at faceoffs and is a RH shot that brings a different element to the Habs center depth. He is also a good PKer which would take some pressure off of Plekanec and Eller, plus (hopefully) improve the PK as whole.

If Phoenix does not make a push into the top 8 before the deadline I hope they target him. Should cost less than Talbot plus is an upcoming UFA so if he doesn't fit he walks. But if he is good, the team can extend him at a good price, and he is still in his prime; will be 30 at the start of next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad