News Article: Why The Montreal Canadiens Need To Acquire Max Talbot

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
People fail to realize how good Talbot is aht he does, plus we could have some amazing commercials!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If he didn't cost much, I'd have him on the Hans in a second. He's a perfect fit with the team philosophy, city and the coaching staff.

Time for Max to come home.

dreamingofdrouin*

Its montreal that he was leaning towards....he wanted to play here, he was interviewed and he talked about it, but when your a bottom sixer and a team comes up to u with a 5 year deal...u cant really refuse that

He's not massive...he's 5'11 but he plays like hes bigger...prust is only an inch taller...its about body strength and talbot has it.....if u need just one reason to pick him up..look no further than or penalty kill. but on top of that, he raises his game in the playoffs, he scored 20 goals last year:amazed:, only makes $1.7 million....he's 29 so still some great years left in him and he's an experienced cup winner...can drop the gloves and putting on our sweater...i gotta believe that would only motivate him even more. I can't find a single thing wrong with this kinda deal accept the asking price...gonna be a pick for sure and probly immediate help on the blueline.

kaberle?:naughty: lol

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
Would you do it for a 2nd round pick?

Would the Flyers do it for a 2nd round pick?

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Not even going to click on the article, not needed at all.

dreamingofdrouin*

Would you do it for a 2nd round pick?

Would the Flyers do it for a 2nd round pick?

I think the flyers would want more...and we need those 2nd rounders to move up and get drouin anyway:sarcasm:

Bleu Blanc Rouge

Jan 30, 2010
Montreal
This guy is a proved playoff performer in a bottom six role, exactly the kind of player we need for a cup run...a moen-talbot-prust line could be a game changer at any moment in the playoffs.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I could definetely see a Talbot-Dumont-Armstrong/White line. We could expect them to score once in a while, something we can't expect from our current 4th line.

Although I wish Dumont can further develop his game to eventually be a 3rd line C.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Talbot would be a great acquisition, however in this shortened season, it seems like Bourque and Diaz (and even Prust now) have been gone for so long that having them back will in itself solve the grittiness issues (Diaz solves or helps other issues). I agree with the author all the way up until the point where they think that we are on the brink of an organizational downturn and need to strike now. Does this person follow the Habs? Our future is...well...ahead of us. The LAST thing I would want to do is trade the guys like Thrower, Bozon, Dietz just to get Talbot. I don't mind Weber and a pick though. This is where MB needs to shine. Get Talbot without disturbing our ecosystem. In a few years, the big bad anybodys won't know what "hit" them with the aforementioned college guys + Tinordi/Nathan/Ellis coming into their own.

I'm very sure MB is not going to trade the future just cuz we're having a surprise season.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
This guy is a proved playoff performer in a bottom six role, exactly the kind of player we need for a cup run...a moen-talbot-prust line could be a game changer at any moment in the playoffs.

That's a 6 million bucks 4th line you got right there, and all four for the next 3 years as well. I'd only take Talbot if they take Moen. We'd have Prust-Talbot-Army as a 4th line, still a bit much though.

But the more I think of it, the more I believe Bergevin's plan is to ride with the rookies this year and let them get playoff experience so I'd be fine with iDumont as a 4th line center and Tinner as a 6th D.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Talbot is a great guy in the room. He's "rah-rah-rah" sometimes, but with the way he plays, you have to buy into it and follow the lead. Him on the Habs would be interesting. But I expect the Flyers will make whoever wants him pay thru the nose, there will be lots of takers because make no mistake, because of the shortened season, a lot of more teams believe in their chance to win it all this year, including, probably, the Habs.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Talbot is a heart and soul guy, why not. But Moen would have to go the other way.

Given that Therrien is here, there's a good chance Talbot could join the club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad