"Why The Leafs Suck And How They Can Be Fixed" By Al Strachan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooseOAK*

Hmm lets see, millions waisted in the minors on Finger, no real shot at the POs, Profit is your motivation and one wonders why we did not spend to the cap, ding ding ding, survey sayyyyyyyssssss.

Can you get together with your little buddy and decide if I am discussing playoffs or profit?

mooseOAK*

As I said.... he is now back peddling and revising. Failure does that. He spent plenty of assets and cap dollars on Komisarek, Beauchemin, Versteeg, Gigeure, Lupul etc. That didn't work so he is tearing down plan A and going with another mixed approach.
And that is why they call it managing.

Durkin67

Can I get the Spark Notes Edition? :laugh:

Essentially, the Maple Leafs have been a backward-thinking old boys club run by an inept collective of bean counters and amateurs with little or no hockey knowledge. Whenever a knowledgeable hockey man found his way into the mix, he found himself answering to these clowns who had more authority than common sense.

its been a cluster-you-know-what since before most of us were born.

Burke got close to righting the ship, but Al Strachan would never agree to that...

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There should be no board to answer to at all for a good G.M and that would solve this B.s we are seeing go on and on. Honestly a G.M can only spend to the cap which we do all the time anyway.

Time they de-mobe the board.

BudMaster17

Gap Inspector
Feb 12, 2008
Toronto
For a bunch of you who cares what they traded away at the trade deadline to make a push. They were a player away or two for many years but unfortunately had some bad luck. Nolan got hurt, Gilmour got hurt, Clark faded away, Domi made a dunb move....the list goes on. Always had one of the highest payrolls and it was fun to watch hockey in Toronto. Who cares now about Brad Boyes...who cares about Rask, so far he had one good year but beyond that who is in goal now? We have a good goalie in Reimer and some other young guys so who cares. When he got Toskala he was actually playing pretty good. Even Fletcher agreed that Toskala was a good goaler and impressed him. Problems started when Wilson came in and him and Toskala didn't see eye to eye...it happens. If Chicago beats the Canucks this year in game 7 people would be calling Luongo the biggest fraud ever. It's all a matter of perspective. Hate to say it but it is true. Rask, Couture, Boyes, Steen does not win us the cup. They are just nhl players, not players that win a cup so we really didn't loose anything. You want to cry, cry about how Ballard sent REALLY GOOD hockey players out the door in his era that won cups elsewhere.
Love to have them :(

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
I read it, the most interesting parts I thought were the JFJ years and the interview with JFJ. Also the part of Getzky really wanting to be a Leaf was new to me.

He was signed, and sealed and Steve Stavro veto'd the deal because he was bleeding $$ and thought it was too much $$

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
For a bunch of you who cares what they traded away at the trade deadline to make a push. They were a player away or two for many years but unfortunately had some bad luck. Nolan got hurt, Gilmour got hurt, Clark faded away, Domi made a dunb move....the list goes on. Always had one of the highest payrolls and it was fun to watch hockey in Toronto. Who cares now about Brad Boyes...who cares about Rask, so far he had one good year but beyond that who is in goal now? We have a good goalie in Reimer and some other young guys so who cares. When he got Toskala he was actually playing pretty good. Even Fletcher agreed that Toskala was a good goaler and impressed him. Problems started when Wilson came in and him and Toskala didn't see eye to eye...it happens. If Chicago beats the Canucks this year in game 7 people would be calling Luongo the biggest fraud ever. It's all a matter of perspective. Hate to say it but it is true. Rask, Couture, Boyes, Steen does not win us the cup. They are just nhl players, not players that win a cup so we really didn't loose anything. You want to cry, cry about how Ballard sent REALLY GOOD hockey players out the door in his era that won cups elsewhere.
Sj jose traded up to draft him...he should never be used in any leafs talks ...thye used our pick to trade up, but, they still traded up. Lars Eller was the pick numerically

Mar 12, 2009
Sj jose traded up to draft him...he should never be used in any leafs talks ...thye used our pick to trade up, but, they still traded up. Lars Eller was the pick numerically

It blows my mind that so many posters find that concept to be akin to rocket science.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Bring Quinn back IMO. At least we were in the playoffs on a regular basis when he coached. Who cares if he chewed gum a lot and showed little emotion behind the bench.

Pretty sure he's effectively blackballed after the rest of the league realized they were dealing with a completely unethical person (See: His lifetime ban from the Vancouver/LA debacle) and only realized this 2 decades after the fact :laugh:

Oh, and Al Strachan is a doorknob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad