Why Not Protest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I have seen this done in many sports, including Hockey. Why don't all of you in the Pittsburgh area gather together and tailgate outside Consol Energy Center and make some hotdogs and hold up signs about how you are pissed off with the team and especially Bylsma. Get on the local news. Will it terminate Bylsma on the spot? No, but it will let everyone know you are pissed. Mario lives in Pittsburgh, so do all the players. If you can gather a sizable amount of people through here, facebook, and your own groups of friends, you really could get noticed. I don't live in Pittsburgh but I love my Pittsburgh sports teams dearly and if I could I would definitely do this. Make some of the emphasis on "we won't buy tickets until Bylsma is fired." The money might be enough to illicit a reaction. It is just an idea, but I think you guys should take it seriously. This organization is the exact kind of organization you need to protest, an organization that makes the same mistakes years in a row and may honestly be wrapped up in their own thoughts, like DB, and think we all enjoy watching.

I have a job.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I take your point WRT to a "sports protest" (let's face it: not a "take the day off" kind of protest topic). But virtually everyone who protests has a job so, you know... unless it's Occupy Wall St. Part Deux, the next time you want to join a real protest the moderators will not accept your work excuse as valid. Protest or be shunned.

From the days when we weren't a bunch of frightened pansies.

March-On-Washington.jpg

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We have a million threads *****ing.. do we need more?

A PROTEST? :laugh: The team is doing good - not great. That's the only issue i see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad