Why Not Protest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey
I have seen this done in many sports, including Hockey. Why don't all of you in the Pittsburgh area gather together and tailgate outside Consol Energy Center and make some hotdogs and hold up signs about how you are pissed off with the team and especially Bylsma. Get on the local news. Will it terminate Bylsma on the spot? No, but it will let everyone know you are pissed. Mario lives in Pittsburgh, so do all the players. If you can gather a sizable amount of people through here, facebook, and your own groups of friends, you really could get noticed. I don't live in Pittsburgh but I love my Pittsburgh sports teams dearly and if I could I would definitely do this. Make some of the emphasis on "we won't buy tickets until Bylsma is fired." The money might be enough to illicit a reaction. It is just an idea, but I think you guys should take it seriously. This organization is the exact kind of organization you need to protest, an organization that makes the same mistakes years in a row and may honestly be wrapped up in their own thoughts, like DB, and think we all enjoy watching.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
I have seen this done in many sports, including Hockey. Why don't all of you in the Pittsburgh area gather together and tailgate outside Consol Energy Center and make some hotdogs and hold up signs about how you are pissed off with the team and especially Bylsma. Get on the local news. Will it terminate Bylsma on the spot? No, but it will let everyone know you are pissed. Mario lives in Pittsburgh, so do all the players. If you can gather a sizable amount of people through here, facebook, and your own groups of friends, you really could get noticed. I don't live in Pittsburgh but I love my Pittsburgh sports teams dearly and if I could I would definitely do this. Make some of the emphasis on "we won't buy tickets until Bylsma is fired." The money might be enough to illicit a reaction. It is just an idea, but I think you guys should take it seriously. This organization is the exact kind of organization you need to protest, an organization that makes the same mistakes years in a row and may honestly be wrapped up in their own thoughts, like DB, and think we all enjoy watching.

Pressure was on after the Boston Series and it was rumored that Mario was seriously thinking about firing Bylsma, but it has to be assumed that Shero talked ownership out of that move and gave Bylsma an extension.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
brick-art.jpg

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey
Pressure was on after the Boston Series and it was rumored that Mario was seriously thinking about firing Bylsma, but it has to be assumed that Shero talked ownership out of that move and gave Bylsma an extension.

Pressure was on by who? I am just saying it might be a good idea, maybe after a long losing streak or something to do, especially with an emphasis on boycotting the games. Obviously Mario did not have enough pressure.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
There is one form of protest that will at least show Management that the fans aren't happy, stop buying tickets. But they are already sold out for the season so not much you can do there. In fact, when Shero gave his State of the Pens this past offseason, he pointed to the fact that their building is always full. In his mind, the fans are 100% in lockstep behind management.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
What is there to protest? The only reason why Pens fans are mad is because they expect perfection all season and playoffs. When the team enters a slump they think there's no way out of it and the only way out is to fire the coach and trade star players.

We are 18 games into the season, math will tell you there are 64 games left, aka plenty of time to work on things. these past 2 games were close games and lost by 1 goal, both game winning goals were off turnovers by Niskanen and Bortuzzo. It's funny how Pens fans are quick to point the finger at guys like Letang, Fleury, Orpik, etc. while complimenting guys like Niskanen and Bortuzzo saying how much Niskanen improved and how Bortuzzo deserves to be a full time top 6 defenseman.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
now we are encroaching crazies land.....you serious about going out to protest????
its hockey, you vent on these boards and get back to your life, its not like you own their stocks or something. Please get some perspective.....

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
What is there to protest? The only reason why Pens fans are mad is because they expect perfection all season and playoffs. When the team enters a slump they think there's no way out of it and the only way out is to fire the coach and trade star players.

We are 18 games into the season, math will tell you there are 64 games left, aka plenty of time to work on things. these past 2 games were close games and lost by 1 goal, both game winning goals were off turnovers by Niskanen and Bortuzzo. It's funny how Pens fans are quick to point the finger at guys like Letang, Fleury, Orpik, etc. while complimenting guys like Niskanen and Bortuzzo saying how much Niskanen improved and how Bortuzzo deserves to be a full time top 6 defenseman.

While I think the idea of protesting is less than smart, the rest of your post is insane.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=74331049&postcount=404

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Ray, shouldn't you be busy talking to Orpik's agent about the new 5 year extension???

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Have you been living in a hole in the ground? With the exception of a few posters, this board has been criticizing Niskanen like crazy this season. I'm not sure what you are talking about there.

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey
now we are encroaching crazies land.....you serious about going out to protest????
its hockey, you vent on these boards and get back to your life, its not like you own their stocks or something. Please get some perspective.....

I love Hockey, so don't tell me "it's hockey" as if that means it doesn't mean anything. If this was a Canadian team they would have no problem with the prospect of protesting the management. I wasn't implying some sort of aggressive crazy protest. I said to just make it like a party. Go tailgate and hold up signs, have a fun time, get on the news. Obviously, you all care. Don't act like you don't. Especially when you have hundreds to thousands of posts on this site complaining, you are just too much of ***** to actually say what you feel when it matters.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
And last game Bortuzzo was horrible, and I'm one of his biggest supporters. Unlike some want to believe, I actually can objective when the evidence supports it.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I love Hockey, so don't tell me "it's hockey" as if that means it doesn't mean anything. If this was a Canadian team they would have no problem with the prospect of protesting the management. I wasn't implying some sort of aggressive crazy protest. I said to just make it like a party. Go tailgate and hold up signs, have a fun time, get on the news. Obviously, you all care. Don't act like you don't. Especially when you have hundreds to thousands of posts on this site complaining, you are just too much of ***** to actually say what you feel when it matters.
It's hockey. It doesn't mean anything.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
yeah, no matter what happens, this isn't worth it

i mean if shero trades crosby for a 5th or something, by all means, but in reality the league would veto all trades of that nature anyway

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey
It's hockey. It doesn't mean anything.

So why do all of you spend so much time on it and get so frustrated? You yourself have 8000 posts on the subject. You are all *******. You all research cap hits, trade possibilities, and ***** endlessly about what you want changed. You spend too much time on this for it to not matter.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

You make a statement about people not buying tickets until Bylsma's gone but when someone doesn't buy someone else will step in.

The best thing to do is be vocal socially, see if you can send some questions and get them answered or get the media on the side.

Not that I'm saying I advocate any of this. Yet.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
So why do all of you spend so much time on it and get so frustrated? You yourself have 8000 posts on the subject. You are all *******. You all research cap hits, trade possibilities, and ***** endlessly about what you want changed. You spend too much time on this for it to not matter.
No, I don't do any of that.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Even though the majority of posters on this board dislike DB, i don't think many fans in pgh feel the same way, there were a few people that wanted DB fired after last year but that's the only time i'v really every heard it brought up around here.

Todd Haley and Mike Tomlin are the coaches taking all the heat in pgh right now.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
madashell.jpg

I don't have to tell you things are bad.

Everybody knows things are bad.

It's a depression. Crosby playing with Kunitz and Dupris, no one is playing defense, Letang looks like Lestink, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. Disco's system is predictable and failing, again, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the Gladams, KCD, Lestink and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, God damn it! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the Disco sucks and the Gladams and the KCD crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
Even though the majority of posters on this board dislike DB, i don't think many fans in pgh feel the same way, there were a few people that wanted DB fired after last year but that's the only time i'v really every heard it brought up around here.

I'm not so sure about that. Fans used to cheer when they announced his name after the starting lineup; this years is been silent. It's not full on bash line on these boards but I think general opinion is turning to a degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad