Sportsnet: Why Kypreos believes Maple Leafs should trade Mitch Marner

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
As a Sens fan who would love nothing more than to see the Leafs flounder, I still can't help thinking all of this discussion is going to look super silly in a couple years' time. Marner is for real.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Pure unadulterated BS straight from the source.

This is so much dumber than when Dreger said that Vesey would make Nylander expendable.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well we don't know either way. Since Marner is also struggling which you also failed to recognize. On the 4th line, on pace for 5 goals this season and not playing well defensively with a -8.

It wouldn't be the first time a trade happened for 2 struggling young players.

Regardless, as stated above in my previous post. I don't think it happens because it would be an admission that Hunter made a mistake passing on drafting on 2 already stud D men Provorov or Werenski, or potentially a stud D man in Hanifin when the Leafs biggest need is a stud D man right now.
Marner=struggling...and has lowered value...
Laine (same points as Marner)=?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Thread title would be “why kypreos is an idiot” guy clearly took too many to the head

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
One day we're going to hear about Kypreos and CTE.

The man can barely put together a coherent argument.

EDIT: Though frankly, Mallard is no better.

It's like a 4th grade hockey debate.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Taylor Hall couldn't land a #1 Dman. However that still doesn't mean the Leafs should trade Marner.

Hall also had 6 years in the league after being a #1 overall draft pick that never quite panned out before being traded. Marner's peak is still unknown. I'm not saying trade him for the f of it, only if you get the 1D. If not then don't do it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Marner=struggling...and has lowered value...
Laine (same points as Marner)=?

Is this a defence mechanism, to bring Laine into a discussion on a Leafs player trade thread to obfuscate a struggling player. BTW Laine is on a 41 goal pace, Marner a 5 goal pace. How about them apples!

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Is this a defence mechanism, to bring Laine into a discussion on a Leafs player trade thread to obfuscate a struggling player. BTW Laine is on a 41 goal pace, Marner a 5 goal pace. How about them apples!
And Laine is on pace for 11 assists. How about them apples! .... Or lack thereof :snide:

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

Those 12 assists that Laine is on pace for sure are impressive.

Perhaps the struggles of one young star player can be given context by the struggles of another young star player?

Reactions: Raymoondo

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
It would never happen as it would be an admission that Mark Hunter messed up the draft by not drafting Provorov or one of the 2 other stud D men that were available at #4. IE Werenski or Hanifin.

Memory has it is it was rumoured Babcock wanted a D man at the time, but Hunter went with the winger in Marner.

I agree, the leafs made a mistake with that pick

Said no one last year....

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
And Laine is on pace for 11 assists. How about them apples! .... Or lack thereof :snide:

Is he a sniper or a playmaking Center? I think you may be mistaken in counting your apples. lol

But let's not obfuscate here or more correctly you guys don't as you will do anything to not talk about Marner's struggles thus far this season. A 5 goal pace is terrible for a player of his profile. When do you think he starts taking heat? They can't keep blaming the usual Leafs suspects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad