Sportsnet: Why Kypreos believes Maple Leafs should trade Mitch Marner

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
That video of Bruins mgmt sitting in a conference room talking about why they should trade Seguin.....Kypreos is the sort of idiot who would advocate for something like that.

Old-school hockey guys just DO NOT understand the importance of development, growth, and not selling low. Leafs fans should just hope that Lou or whoever actually has influence in their mgmt is not one of these people.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
2 goals through 22 games this season isn't exactly what you would expect from Marner.

Not sure what Ovechkin has to do with this conversation.
That would make sense if it were Matthews, but Marner's best asset is his playmaking. Slumping Marner has 16 points in 22 games...a 60 point pace. (Mind you he does this without the benefit of playing with Matthews that Nylander does) If a slumping Marner is a 60 point pace then god have mercy on what he's about to do to this league.

Marner is not available

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
One of the "big 3" will be traded for a stud D. Not Matthews, obviously. So who does Babcock trust least? Marner.

Leafs are trying to win a Cup here and to do so means addressing the weaknesses in their lineup. Marner's recent hot streak makes it more likely that he'll be traded, not less. TOR will want to sell high, and they'll get a king's ransom for #16.

So, yeah. Kypreos is really just stating the obvious.

At this point, I still think he trusts Marner way more than he does Nylander. And yes...we are trying to win a cup...everybody is! But have we not learned the lesson of "oh, we're just one piece away, let's mortgage the future for a pig-in-a-poke"? PLEASE!!! Development...patience...those are the keys here people!

DrakeBlake

Feb 18, 2015
I've said it last year and I'll say it again. I fully believe Marner should be traded for a young Dman. Do they leafs want Marner at 6mil AAV long term? I don't think he fits in the bigger picture. Move him now while his Value is still really high for help. I get he's a special player but I can't see him wearing the blue and white long term

Nervousbreakdown

Jul 3, 2017
When I saw the title I just assumed it would be the video of him getting KO'd and ending his career. Kypreos thinks the leafs should trade marner because he has suffered from years of brain damage.

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
No, people who are not Canuck fans laugh at Canuck fans trying to pawn off Tanev as a top pairing D man. He is not comparable to those others, nobody is believing he is a top pairing D man no matter how many times you try so you and your other Canuck poster friends might as well stop. Nobody is buying it, we actually watch hockey you know.

If you think Pesce, Ekholm, and Hanifin are better than Tanev, I’m not sure you really do watch hockey.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Good luck. Standard sophomore slump, nothing to see here. Same clowns wanted Nylander traded last year. Player development is a thing now in 2017

We've seen this 1000 times. Just look at Larkin last year.. Now, one thing he stated was the depth chart looking into the future that might make a trade likely come that time, which could possibly be the case.

That said, he's not going cheap and it will be for what the Leafs are after at that time. As of now it'd be a D but not sure were talking about now..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad