Sportsnet: Why, just why did they do this?

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Has nothing to do with Hughson not 'fanboying' out. It has to do with his complete total and absolute disdain for the team and it's fan base.

He hates the Maple Leafs and he doesn't try to hide it.

I don't need a fanboy and neither do I need some someone who detests the team doing our games either.

I don't think he hates the Leafs that to me is just paranoia. But I do think he sucks. Boring. No passion in his calls.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I don't think he hates the Leafs that to me is just paranoia. But I do think he sucks. Boring. No passion in his calls.

I'm not going to look for the link but he has actually said it on air. I heard it and many others on this forum did as well. I'm not looking for the enlightened approach here, just stating the facts.

Zero paranoia.

Reactions: smitty10

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Am I correct in thinking that only one game is televised today?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Indeed, who could forget such memorable calls as “the defender lost his stick.” :rolleyes:

—————————

No but really what’s the point of paying whatever high price Sportsnet did for Cuthbert if he isn’t going to be their #1 guy? Not to mention that this decision goes so out of the way for both men as Hughson lives out in B.C. while Cuthbert I’m pretty sure calls the GTA home.

That call is god awful. Playoff game winning goal scored in overtime for the fanbase he's broadcasting to and there is no excitement in his voice at all.

Just brutal.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I enjoyed Hughson's call tonight. I could hear the disgust in his voice. He was on the Leafs Nation page for once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad