WWE: Why isn't the WWE pushing Liv Morgan and Mandy Rose?!

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Liv Morgan and Mandy Rose have been on the main roster for quite a while now, but for some odd reason it seems like WWE is unwilling to give them a major push. I can understand that they wanted to bring them up slow at first and give them some time to feel out the main roster, but we're way past that now.

When you look at Liv Morgan and Mandy Rose it's clear that they're destined for great things, as they are without a doubt closest to the Champion mold of Carmella and Alexa Bliss. I would even argue that if given a push they could far surpass both Carmella and Alexa Bliss in the long run.

Liv Morgan is clearly the most likeable girl on the main roster and it's not even close. So she would have massive babyface potential. She's also the best wrestler out of these 4 ladies and a tremendous seller. Would love to see Liv in a lengthy feud with Alexa Bliss as I think they would work perfect together. Alexa could also elevate her own performance as she could do stuff with Liv that she couldn't do with others. Hard for Alexa to pull off a suplex when she's working with Nia Jax. Given the right time this could easily be the Flair Steamboat of the women's division. I really wonder if the reason Liv Morgan isn't getting a push is because she used to be associated with that Enzo Amore thing...

Mandy Rose on the other hand is pretty much an exact copy of Trish Stratus, so it's baffling why she isn't getting pushed big time by now. She's also the most fit out of all the Girls while still keeping her female figure. Many don't know this but Mandy Rose actually squats 300 lbs. There's a lot of guys playing in the NHL who doesn't even squat 300 lbs. Mandy is clearly the worst of the 4 ladies on the microphone, but looking like that you don't have to be good on the microphone. Plus looking like Mandy makes most people hate you anyway, so she would be a natural heel just because of that.

Hopefully WWE will give these 2 Girls massive pushes in the future, because it would be sad to see these Girls go to waste. What do you guys think, will things turn around for Liv Morgan and Mandy Rose?

Reactions: SenzZen

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I agree.

It’s finally refreshing to have a stacked Women’s
Roster, with the likes of Alexa Bliss, Carmella, Liv Morgan, and Mandy Rose

I can just imagine Rose and Morgan deciding to team up and winning the first ever Women’s Tag Titles!

Imagine that, the four top Women in the WWE all holding the titles!

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Mandy Rose looks like just another bikini model. She looks great, she is better in the ring then most models they had before and she is a real athlete, but that's still the vibe she is giving: just another bikini model. They WILL definitely push her in the future, but not now, not when they are trying to distantiate themselves from the bikini model trope.

Liv Morgan is a good supporting act, but I do not see anything more. She looks too much like Alexa Bliss and changing her look and putting her in the Riott Squad was a good way to differentiate her. I do think that's close to her ceiling though. She does nothing for me.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
You can't push everyone at the same time but you do get the sense of a pecking order within the company. The continued problem with this company is too many people on the roster and it looks like a lot of it goes to waste when wrestler X or wrestler Y isn't getting a push while wrestler Z is.

Just look at Emma...midcard obscurity in WWE but is getting a nice opportunity to feature in the lesser promotions. Being in the WWE can make you a name but it won't exactly make you a megastar. How hard is it to push someone like Ronda or even Charlotte Flair?

If the women's roster is going to be the size that it is...I don't see the harm in making a tag title just to give some of these other ladies something to work towards. It's kinda crazy to think that none of the 4 horsewomen or Asuka are holding either of the singles titles on either show. That will probably change at Summerslam.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
being attractive isnt enough any more
To get a push? Yes it is.

Why hasn’t Mandy Rose? Because they have Alexa, Carmella, and Charlotte at the top who are all likewise blonde.

Why hasn’t Liv Morgan? Same but she’s also not good.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
To get a push? Yes it is.

Why hasn’t Mandy Rose? Because they have Alexa, Carmella, and Charlotte at the top who are all likewise blonde.

Why hasn’t Liv Morgan? Same but she’s also not good.

who lately has gotten a push on looks alone? I cant think of anyone recently who isnt backed by good wrestling or good character work

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Could be as is the case with the majority of the roster. Talent is there but the WWE doesn't know what to do with them.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm far more frustrated with what they've done to Asuka.

Wins the Rumble, only to get upstaged by Rousey and then it's just one burial after another. :help:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
who lately has gotten a push on looks alone? I cant think of anyone recently who isnt backed by good wrestling or good character work

Of course they have to have a character, they cut Emma because she couldn’t do the character they wanted, but we haven’t been without a blonde woman in a title match on PPV in 4 years and look at how strong they are booked compared to other women who, depending on the comparison, are equal or very clearly better. It’s very clear that being blonde will get you more opportunities than you would otherwise.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Of course they have to have a character

this was my point though. Liv and Mandy right now are just attractive. they dont have especially good character work, and they are unproven as singles workers.

you definitely do have a better chance of being pushed if you are an attractive blonde. but it cant be ALL you are.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I love Liv Morgan on social media. But I can honestly say I've never saw her wrestle. She seems to have a love for the business though and could get better assuming she sucks now.

Mandy seems like the kind of person who WWE is just a stepping stone for her.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
So....what I'm gathering from this thread is we're now saying that being attractive and blonde is enough for a push with heavy implications we're talking about Alexa right?

All while we ignore the fact that she's so far and away better on the mic than any other woman in the company it's not even funny. Seriously. Watch an Alexa segment and then watch Bayley and Sasha try to talk. The difference is comparable to eating a nice piece of pie or getting hit in the dick with a hammer.

Last edited:
Reactions: dahrougem2

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
That fact that Liv and Mandy haven't been pushed to the moon so young in their career is a credit to the culture change going on in WWE right now. It's kind of amazing that Vince hasn't had Mandy destroy Asuka and Ronda by now... I wonder if they distract Vince any time she's on TV so he doesn't even know she exists.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad