Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Its no different from the JVR and Bozak threads that wanted them gone on a daily basis.

Kadri, is playing like crap and if he doesn't improve he will be moved and deservedly so.

I don't recall anyone wanting Bozak gone on a daily basis.

JVR many of wanted to us cash in on instead of losing for nothing to free agency, that's not the same thing as "wanting him gone".

Kadri isn't playing up his lofty standards he's set over the last couple of years but he's not playing like crap, not even close. The fact that you think he is tells me you either have something against the guy or you have a lot to learn about hockey.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
No, Kadri is not the same speed as Tavares. Yes, he has gotten stronger on his skates but still is below average. There's a reason why he draws so many penalties.

Bottom line is Kadri never quite lived up to his full potential because his skating and lower body strength has held him back. I guarantee if he had above average speed and stronger lower body then he wouldn't have been asked to take on a "shutdown" role in the first place. He would be a true #1 center.
Probably doesn't go 7th overall if he's a better skater with a stronger lower body.

Reactions: 1specter

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

JVR many of wanted to us cash in on instead of losing for nothing to free agency, that's not the same thing as "wanting him gone".

Kadri isn't playing up his lofty standards he's set over the last couple of years but he's not playing like crap, not even close. The fact that you think he is tells me you either have something against the guy or you have a lot to learn about hockey.

Sorry ummm buttt tbvh GN i was a Bozak gone every day guy.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
If you say so, I really don't remember people talking much about Bozak at all except in Kadri threads myself.

Really? You don't remember people talking about Bozak? The same Bozak with 109 different threads where he's in the title only going back to 2013.

That's not even counting the GDT, PGT, lineup discussions that were filled with Bozak and Kadri talk.

Last edited:

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Come on, lots of people wanted Bozak gone. They hated that he always was given the best wingers. If I recall correctly they even put in a no Kadri and Bozak rule at one point because every thread about either player turned into an absolute gong show.

Reactions: The Apologist

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Sorry ummm buttt tbvh GN i was a Bozak gone every day guy.

LOL OK then, I stand corrected.

Really? You don't remember people talking about Bozak? The same Bozak with 109 different threads where he's in the title only going back to 2013.

I do remember Bozak vs Kadri threads. Most of the discussion I remember anyway started with the dudes that don't like Kadri saying Bozak was better because he had more points, if there were many others then I'll take your word for it.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I do remember Bozak vs Kadri threads. Most of the discussion I remember anyway started with the dudes that don't like Kadri saying Bozak was better because he had more points, if there were many others then I'll take your word for it.

They also started with people who liked Kadri trashing Bozak and complaining about how he played with Kessel. This was hardly a one sided affair.

Reactions: The Apologist

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think most of us would be happy to trade anyone if it made sense for the team and at the same time, there's not one player who we'd want to trade for the sake of trading him. There's one poster though who wants to trade Kadri really bad, he's been going about Kadri for about 5 years now.

Yes I've posted in several Nylander threads. So what?

Yep, the goal is to win the Cup, and really it doesn't matter much who is on the team when / if they do that.

But we know players develop - peak - decline, the goal is to sell high and buy low.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
They also started with people who liked Kadri trashing Bozak and complaining about how he played with Kessel. This was hardly a one sided affair.

This feels like one of those examples of "create your own history" to suit one's argument, knowing no one has the time or energy to disprove it.

This is very much at odds with my experience. Most people nothing'd Bozak, until Kadri-haters would prop him up to put Kadri down.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Since you know of the 109 threads, would be great to find an example of that. Because for as long as I've been here there's been a small subset of vocal anti-Kadri people who propped up Bozak to bring Kadri down. I don't recall there being many pro-Bozak people in threads that didn't involve Kadri.

Player Discussion: Tyler Bozak - Does he finally hit 50?
A little Bozak appreciation - Finally hits 50 points!

It's not that hard, any thread about Bozak had people attacking him. I'm not saying Kadri didn't have the same issue but it's hardly this one sided affair people are describing.

Those are some of the nicer ones, back when Kessel was on the team they were worse. It was like if they insulted Bozak enough they thought Kadri would get Kessel for a winger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ignatius Reilly

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'm talking about improving after his draft year...

And #1 C's definitely get drafted after 7th overall all the time..
Not ones with his skillset that skate better than he does with better lower body strength. He went 7th overall, if he's a better skater he's challenging top 3.

You overestimate the growth offseason training can provide on something like skating. They're minor improvements and we've seen some with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1specter

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Is there seriously someone suggesting that Bozak wasn’t a target of factions of the Kadri Fanclub?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Yep, the goal is to win the Cup, and really it doesn't matter much who is on the team when / if they do that.

But we know players develop - peak - decline, the goal is to sell high and buy low.
Of course, but there's no evidence yet of a true decline, Kadri's still got strong shot and scoring chance numbers.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Except almost everyone agreed Kadri was the better center, the Bozak side was mostly hey stop putting all our problems on one guy. Something the fanbase loves to do here.

The vultures are circling as we speak. There are people that don't want a good team as much as a Leaf player they can dump on during games. They're already trying to make Nylander happen and this thread right here is yet another attempt to make it Kadri.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Not ones with his skillset than skate better than he does with better lower body strength.

You overestimate the growth offseason training can provide on something like skating. They're minor improvements and we've seen some with him

You're joking about the 7th pick comment right? Take a look:

Scheifele 7th
Bergeron 45th
Kuznetsov 26th
Giroux 22nd
Kopitar 11th
Barzal 16th

All better than Kadri ..

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
You're joking about the 7th pick comment right? Take a look:

Scheifele 7th
Bergeron 45th
Kuznetsov 26th
Giroux 22nd
Kopitar 11th
Barzal 16th

All better than Kadri ..
You seem to be missing my very basic point on Kadri.

He went 7th with skating issues and strength question. So if he removes those, does he go higher? Absolutely.

RLF

May 5, 2014
You seem to be missing my very basic point on Kadri.

He went 7th with skating issues and strength question. So if he removes those, does he go higher? Absolutely.

I think he went 7th because it was an extremely weak draft. He would've went a fair bit lower in a strong draft year and I do not mean that as a knock on Kadri. Look at what came out of that first round after Naz...ugh

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I agree with this below:

This is very much at odds with my experience. Most people nothing'd Bozak, until Kadri-haters would prop him up to put Kadri down.

Generally speaking that's true. But I also agree with this post below (which is to say that it's way too early to even think about selling Kadri).

Of course, but there's no evidence yet of a true decline, Kadri's still got strong shot and scoring chance numbers.

Yeah it’s pretty frustrating, you win and lose as a team.

Agree 100%. I support all out players, always have.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If only Kadri was scoring at his historical pace of 0.64ppg, instead of this year's 0.6ppg, maybe the Leafs would be as high as 2nd in the NHL standings.

LOL.

I think he went 7th because it was an extremely weak draft. He would've went a fair bit lower in a strong draft year and I do not mean that as a knock on Kadri. Look at what came out of that first round after Naz...ugh

Exactly. When it was our turn to pick we certainly made the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad