News Article: Why I hate the Ottawa Senators

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
who tf is 'katyaknappe'?? this is the equivalent of getting worked up over a random hf post

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I see no reason to make fun of the Leafs who were my favourite team in the Original Six Era. Similarly I see no reason for anyone to write an article like this that is simply disrespectful to the Senators and its fan base. I suppose the author and publisher were trying to stir up interest and clicks on its website. I agree with those who stated that this author must be a young brat type of person. The publisher of this rubbish should know better than to publish it as it reflects badly on him and his website.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I actually thought the article was funny.

I enjoyed the salt and loathing, the attempts to downplay the ECF run and preemptive downplaying of any success we might have this season, particularly against the leafs.

We will enjoy the same hope and giddiness that fanbase had after their years of mediocrity and the tank. So the author can suck it in that respect.

What is yet to be determined is how our rebuild takes shape and what the hope and excitement turns into. My bet is once we get established, bumps-in-the-road and all, we won’t wither in the one-and-done Groundhog Day that must frustrate the hell out of that fanbase.

So thanks author, your resentment made my morning! We will continue to hate each other, rivalry is good

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yawn, another Leafs fan who acts like his team has done anything at all, when in reality they're one of two NHL teams to have not won a playoff series under the salary cap era. I'll start caring what Leaf fans have to say when they can win a round.

Imagine being the fan of a team with infinite resources that has managed to accomplish literally nothing in the last 15 years and having the gall to throw shade at another team. Although I guess these days there's a significant lack of self-awareness so I suppose I shouldn't be super surprised by it.
This state of mind is truly intriguing to me. I have never seen such a sense of entitlement from a group of people that are cheering for the worst team in the history of the league. They literally havent won a playoff series in 15 years.....

The only other active city in the NHL that has never had the opportunity to watch their team win 3 consecutive playoff series in a row is Columbus. Vegas literally accomplished something in their first season the leafs have never done in over 50 years, since expansion.

As for the article i didnt mind it, thought it was kind of funny the rest of my post just refers to the general populous of leaf fans that inhabit HF. I know lots of intelligent leaf fans in real life that know exactly where the team stands.

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Not sure why people are getting worked up about this.

Says more about the neuroticism of Leaf fans than anything else really.

Reactions: Tuna99

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not sure why people are getting worked up about this.

Says more about the neuroticism of Leaf fans than anything else really.
I don’t think anyone is getting worked up. Sort of just laughing at whatever this person wrote. It’s actually kind of sad

Reactions: Deku

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
50+ years and no cups. There weren't that many teams back then.

There's 32 teams now. Despite their cheater advantages, it's statistically not that unlikely that we get to a future situation where there is no leafs fan alive who can say they were on this earth when their team last won the cup.

Let that sink in Blogger Man.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That was sucky.

Yes, things can go wrong.
Yes, we have money issues.
Yes, we're all expecting something bad to happen.

That's pro sports.

And it's not like beating the leafs is hard. Most of their kids will throw snow to avoid getting their hair messed up.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Admitting that Ottawa had anything that could resemble a Cup run must have been emotionally difficult for the author.

It's like subconscious impotent rage crashing through the words at that point.

Is he referring to 2007? Cause that was a real cup run or is he forgetting about that and saying a couple years ago with duchene and them?

I won't click for add revenue purposes.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Is he referring to 2007? Cause that was a real cup run or is he forgetting about that and saying a couple years ago with duchene and them?

I won't click for add revenue purposes.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the 2017 run.

Where they got as far as the legendary Doug Gilmour did that they still talk about today.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the 2017 run.

Where they got as far as the legendary Doug Gilmour did that they still talk about today.

Honestly it doesn't bother me. The leafs think they are better than us because the have more fans, better funding, and top talent in forward positions.

But really they get rid of the heart and soul guys like MacArthur and Brown because they think pure skill players is the remedy.

Where Sens believe heart and soul guys like MacArthur or Brown or a Bickell type is what you NEED to win.

The whole philosophy is different. We tend to gravitate to more 2 way players and want complete games from our players, leafs want higher offense and ditch the heart and soul when they start hitting 3.5-5million salaries.

Personally I'm a big fan of Marner, im not trashing the leafs.

I would suggest Toronto is building in the mold of Stanley cup winning penguins, and we are building more in the mold of the LA Kings Stanley cup winning teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad