Why don't people like Jeff Patterson?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
The way he talks angers me. I can't listen to him without wanting to break things. Doesn't matter what he's saying because he's actually pretty smart.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
So that was real and I wasn't just hearing things.

I can't stand Patterson either. As mentioned above already, his voice and cadence drive me nuts.

Yeah Tomlinson never did it last year, but it magically appeared this year, and it sounds as fake as anything I have EVER heard. its actually annoying to the point its a little infurating. I'm glad somebody else noticed it too, its fake excitement trying to replicate Tommy Larscheid, but Toms was real. He sounds ridiculous, I wonder if he realizes nobody falls for it

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
Yeah Tomlinson never did it last year, but it magically appeared this year, and it sounds as fake as anything I have EVER heard. its actually annoying to the point its a little infurating. I'm glad somebody else noticed it too, its fake excitement trying to replicate Tommy Larscheid, but Toms was real. He sounds ridiculous, I wonder if he realizes nobody falls for it

You're dead on with Tomlinson, and I think they thoght they had this great replacement, when the reality was he wasn't good at all.

I wonder if trevor would be good at colour?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
You're dead on with Tomlinson, and I think they thoght they had this great replacement, when the reality was he wasn't good at all.

I wonder if trevor would be good at colour?

you know I've NEVER thought of him.....................but I think he would be awesome. and he has a TON of actual NHL experience, not the 8 games that Tomlinson played 20 years ago that he STILL refers too.

Feb 28, 2007
B.C.
Dave Tomlinson and his fake growls of excitement and his trying to be tommy l makes me mad

Tomlinson is awful as a colour man. His fake enthusiasm, stuttering half-sentences, and general ****tiness ruin whatever insight he might bring. I can't believe they fired Tommy for this guy...

As for Patterson, I don't mind him, but I can see how his 'radio-guy' drawl could rub people the wrong way. Then again, I really like the Moj, so my taste is suspect.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I can't stand Jeff Patterson, just because of his fake radio voice. It's so irritating. I generally just turn off the radio when he's on. It's unfortunate because it's not what he talks about that bothers me, it's just his voice. He's the James T. Kirk of Radio.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I can't stand Jeff Patterson, just because of his fake radio voice. It's so irritating. I generally just turn off the radio when he's on. It's unfortunate because it's not what he talks about that bothers me, it's just his voice. He's the James T. Kirk of Radio.

Agreed 100%. His content is good, but the way he delivers it is nails on a chalkboard.

Croatoa

Jul 3, 2010
Dave Tomlinson and his fake growls of excitement and his trying to be tommy l makes me mad

Thank you! I was listening to a game a couple of weeks ago and was actually embarassed listening to Tomlinson's colour commentary. This is the same guy who had the personality of a coke machine prior to getting the gig as 1040's colour man and now all of a sudden he's trying to be Tom. Terrible.

As far as Patterson is concerned, he doesn't bother me that much. Not as much as B-Mac and his constant cutting people off not letting them finish a single sentence.

Jelly Nonis

May 11, 2006
I can't stand his voice or his stupidity. He and Blake Price make it sound like there's a bunch of cartoon characters working at 1040. My wife thinks Patterson sounds like principal Skinner

Aquiace

The Goggles!
Feb 3, 2007
Back in VanCity
Someone should make a Jeff Patterson babelfish.

Original quote: "The Canucks have been very inconsistent this season, so we don't know what to expect Wednesday against the Flames."

Patterson Babelfish: "Look, I think we can all agree that... The Canucks, so far to this very point in the two-thousand-and-ten and two-thousand-and-eleven ice hockey season -- they've been the type of team that plays well one night, then the next night they don't play well, then they have a few days off and they come back and they play well, or they don't. I think it's fair to say at this point we have a team that doesn't always put forth a consistent effort and thus doesn't always get consistent results. There's no disputing that. And given that, there's no guarantee on this Wednesday the first of December in the year two thousand ten of our Lord and Saviour, just a scant twenty-four days before Christmas -- can you believe it! -- that the Canucks will win this hockey game, or lose it, only that they will play it. We'll have time for half of one caller coming up after these four commercial breaks I just spoke through. After these breaks I will recount what I just said using slightly different words. We'll be... right back."

OMG, he's doing it right now. I can't stop laughing now! That is exactly how he talks :laugh:

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Proto, that was a killer babelfish.

As for Patterson - I don't find him insightful, his voice is annoying, and he has this fake outrage bit that he does that I find grating.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
So now that rogers radio isnt getting the nucks, whats dave pratt gonna do???

(besides ride his bike)

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I still feel the way I did last November (about the team, too, if my fake Patterson's comments are any indication).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad