why dont nhl players sing the anthems along

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
ive seen other sports where players sing the anthem but nhl players dont. why not nhl players it would look good on them singing along. i dont think ive ever seen a player sing along in the nhl

When it happens 82 times a year, year after year (more if you get into the playoffs) I can totally understand why players wouldn't sing along. Nevermind that it may not even be the anthem of the country they're from, they're athletes, not singers.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
like i said why should they is something you should ask the nhl committe. im not controlling and has been part of the tradition for longer then you were alive

I want your opinion. You started this thread so you must have an opinion on the matter. I don't know if you misunderstood my question, so I repeat: Why should they sing along? You originally asked why aren't they singing and I asked you why should they sing. Why isn't standing still and silently giving respect to the anthem enough? It's a matter of opinion, that's all I want. And traditions change, so going behind "it's been this way since way before you were born" is silly. That's never a good argument to not change something.

yangmang

Sep 28, 2006
I want your opinion. You started this thread so you must have an opinion on the matter. I don't know if you misunderstood my question, so I repeat: Why should they sing along? You originally asked why aren't they singing and I asked you why should they sing. Why isn't standing still and silently giving respect to the anthem enough? It's a matter of opinion, that's all I want. And traditions change, so going behind "it's been this way since way before you were born" is silly. That's never a good argument to not change something.
why shouldnt they sing along

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
why shouldnt they sing along

I think I already answered that question. It looks out of place and silly and I think standing still and giving respect that way is enough. They are not representing their countries so they shouldn't feel any obligation to sing along +100 times a season. It gets inflated like few posters very nicely brought up.

But no need to answer anymore. I can clearly see it's pointless to keep doing this with you so I'm just going to drop out at this point.

yangmang

Sep 28, 2006
I think I already answered that question. It looks out of place and silly and I think standing still and giving respect that way is enough. They are not representing their countries so they shouldn't feel any obligation to sing along +100 times a season. It gets inflated like few posters very nicely brought up.

But no need to answer anymore. I can clearly see it's pointless to keep doing this with you so I'm just going to drop out at this point.
what makes you think theyre not representing their countries. are you saying there are 0 amercians and 0 canadians on all nhl teams. maybe you should do a little research

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
the angst that some have over the singing of a couple songs is hilarious. what harm does it do? but i guess some people just need to be offended or they aren't complete.

yangmang

Sep 28, 2006
the angst that some have over the singing of a couple songs is hilarious. what harm does it do? but i guess some people just need to be offended or they aren't complete.
ya people who dislike anthems are hilarious. this thread gave a good idea of which posters those are

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

You mean like those who are offended when players dont sing along?

Reactions: Dr Acula

The Grim Reaper

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
ya people who dislike anthems are hilarious. this thread gave a good idea of which posters those are

Why, it's a song? Zero indication of anything other than whether you like that type of music of not. The numerous community outreach programs that NHL players establish and partake in year after year is being patriotic, not jerking off to a song. Just like the people that think they're being patriotic by hanging a flag. The real patriot is working the soup kitchen on the weekends.

Reactions: Dr Acula and Siddi

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

I havent seen a single post claiming they dont like the anthems. What people oppose is the watering down of anthem when not necessesary. Why not keep the anthems for when they actually matter.

yangmang

Sep 28, 2006
I havent seen a single post claiming they dont like the anthems. What people oppose is the watering down of anthem when not necessesary. Why not keep the anthems for when they actually matter.
like when

yangmang

Sep 28, 2006
Oh gee, here is an idea. Lets use the anthems when two actual nations go head to head...

Seriously, at this point you must be trolling?!
*says anthems should be used when it matters*
*then states it should be used during an nhl game only between canadian and american teams*

maybe youre the one trolling. how does that make any sense

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Who cares if they sing or not, just be happy they at least show enough respect to stand for it..

This, NHL players have the most class of any athletes. It's unbelievable what disrespect you see happening in those other 2nd tier sports

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies

maybe the people who are attending the games find it a nice opportunity to hear their national anthem with their fellow citizens and enjoy hearing it? when else are they going to hear it in a public forum?

when exactly does the anthem matter and who makes this decision? when is it "necessary"?

like i said in an earlier post a lot of people exhibit a lot of angst over anthems with what seems to be meaningless offence to it.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
*says anthems should be used when it matters*
*then states it should be used during an nhl game only between canadian and american teams*

maybe youre the one trolling. how does that make any sense

I clearly stated actual nations, like in the olympics for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
no the guy that i quoted was saying a canadian or american shouldnt sing their respective anthems because a player from another country is playing on their team. i havent seen a more dumb logic than that

Next time you're quoting a post of mine, please make sure your post is at least somewhat logically related to mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad