Why does Panarin and Bobrovsky want out of Columbus?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
How would you compare them to cities like Detroit, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis?

Weather aside, Columbus and Edmonton have more in common with each other than they do with those other cities. Both are flat landlocked government centers with about a million people. They don't have as much history or diversity. Or the water, which might be a thing to Artemi.

It's funny, Artemi called Pittsburgh an "environmentally dirty city", which is outdated, nowadays Pittsburgh is a natural beauty. So he wants a clean place but doesn't seem to be paying close attention to that.

I don't know St. Louis well. Detroit is obviously hollowed out and unless you love the suburban lifestyle, in which case Columbus is your paradise, you wouldn't want to live in Detroit.

I don't think Panarin wants any of those places.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Where did you live in Europe? As in, big or small city, countryside? What exactly you miss out on in smalled towns like Columbus and Pittsburgh?

Germany, near Cologne. There is nothing specifically you miss out on. It's a personal feeling. I lived in Pittsburgh and I can totally relate to Jagrs infamous "dying alive" comment.

People can be happy anywhere on the planet, but for me personally Pittsburgh nor Columbus is the type of place I'd be happy to live in.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Not sure how true it is, but apparently Bob took offense after the 2nd time he crapped the bed in the playoffs, the front office asked him to see a sports psychologist.

I moved to Columbus 13 years ago and I absolutely love it here. But I was in my 30's when I moved here. A lot of players that play here when they are older end up retiring here.

But if I'm Panarin in my young-20's with a super hot wife? I get it. I don't begrudge him, he still plays his ass off here.

I would that offense to that too.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Weather aside, Columbus and Edmonton have more in common with each other than they do with those other cities. Both are flat landlocked government centers with about a million people. They don't have as much history or diversity. Or the water, which might be a thing to Artemi..

It's 28% african-american, 6% hispanic, 2nd largest Somali population in the US and is always in the top 5 of the most gay-friendly cities in the country.

Just not many Russians.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It's 28% african-american, 6% hispanic, 2nd largest Somali population in the US and is always in the top 5 of the most gay-friendly cities in the country.

Just not many Russians.
Interesting i never knew of that, i have half Somalian cousins in the Columbus area.

I can see why Russians might not want to be there, Russia is one of whitest countries in europe, its also the bible belt of the orthodox part of europe. Russia makes Texas look like California.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Did Panarin say he wants out of Columbus? If so why dont they just trade him now or before deadline? Get some prospects and good picks from a team who wants to make a run.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Did Panarin say he wants out of Columbus? If so why dont they just trade him now or before deadline? Get some prospects and good picks from a team who wants to make a run.
Because the Jackets are one of those teams.

They feel that their window has just opened and so won't sell for futures.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Have family in Youngstown but I've never been to Columbus. Is there more to the city than just OSU? I picture it just being a huge college town and I could see older people getting tired of that atmosphere. I'm probably wrong though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad