Why does Panarin and Bobrovsky want out of Columbus?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There's a whole bunch of theories, and which ones seem most plausible depend on one's existing preconceptions. ;)

But the most commonly cited ones seem to be as follows:
Panarin: Loves it here but wants to see what's out in the world, since this is realistically his only shot at free agency (having now established himself as an elite NHLer).
Bobrovsky: Some sort of disconnect between himself and the FO regarding playoff capabilities w/r/t his contract value.

(Now, that said, there have been rumblings of Panarin probably considering extending here in January. And the Bob disconnect thing may be an agent-driven negotiation tactic. But who the heck knows at this point.)

Reactions: Seanaconda

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
Columbus is not really a world class city.... They are Russians... If i was a foreigner and moved to another country, i would want to live in the best cities.

If I moved to Russia, I would want to live in moscow or st. Petersburg... Not some random city that id never heard of....

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Panarin thinks he's worth more than he really is and Bobs just wants a change of scenery.
Hmm I'm pretty sure the jackets would pay him his 11 million or whatever but I think he just wants to weigh his options and as a ufa it's his choice . It's not like he owes Columbus anything after getting traded there

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Jeff Carter, Adam Foote, Marian Gaborik....there's been players who straight up wanted nothing to do with Colbumbus unfortunately.
Gaborik had no problem staying here. Those first two are definite, sure. But they're outnumbered by the folks who want to stay - the most well known examples are Andrew Cassels, Fredrik Modin, and Rick Nash. There's also other depth guys who stick around like Mark Letestu, Dave Clarkson, Jody Shelley (who took the color commentator job as well), and Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre. And Jared Boll and Fedor Tyutin might end up sticking around for a while as well. And there's probably a couple others I've forgotten.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Gaborik had no problem staying here. Those first two are definite, sure. But they're outnumbered by the folks who want to stay - the most well known examples are Andrew Cassels, Fredrik Modin, and Rick Nash. There's also other depth guys who stick around like Mark Letestu, Dave Clarkson, Jody Shelley (who took the color commentator job as well), and Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre. And Jared Boll and Fedor Tyutin might end up sticking around for a while as well. And there's probably a couple others I've forgotten.

353.gif

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Not sure how true it is, but apparently Bob took offense after the 2nd time he crapped the bed in the playoffs, the front office asked him to see a sports psychologist.

I moved to Columbus 13 years ago and I absolutely love it here. But I was in my 30's when I moved here. A lot of players that play here when they are older end up retiring here.

But if I'm Panarin in my young-20's with a super hot wife? I get it. I don't begrudge him, he still plays his ass off here.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Panarin thinks he's worth more than he really is and Bobs just wants a change of scenery.

Closer to backwards. Panarin doesn't want to live there long term, Columbus would gladly pay him $11m per. Bobrovsky wants respect/$, he feels disrespected by management. Bob wants to stay but they are balking at paying him.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Here's how i'd pitch Columbus: The Columbus area is where hot actress Maggie Grace came from.
They also got a minor league soccer team the Columbus Crew. (MLS is basicly minor league compared to what they got in Europe. The average pro team in UK probably would destroy the best MLS team.)

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Millionaires don't want to live in Columbus, Ohio.

What about all the millionaires who live in Columbus, Ohio? I mean, Les Wexner lives here. Technically he's a billionaire though.

These threads are always full of complete nonsense. It's pretty pathetic. It's clear who has/has not been to Columbus.

Reactions: Viqsi

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Not sure how true it is, but apparently Bob took offense after the 2nd time he crapped the bed in the playoffs, the front office asked him to see a sports psychologist.

Sort of true / mangled up.

Bob was bad in the playoffs in 2017, the FO suggested he see a psychologist and he took it calmly.

Bob was good in the playoffs in 2018, someone (I don't know if FO) brought up seeing a psychologist and he flipped out for being scapegoated for the loss and his good play not being recognized.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad