Why does everybody think Eichel is an awkward skater?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I'm pretty sure you think that just because you are a sabres fan.. as an Oilers fan I can say the exactly same thing about McDavid..

With the puck yes, without the puck not quite. Imo at least. It's not about what Eichel does, just how he looks. How he stands, ready to take off, with his grotesquely long stick.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
He plays for a team that is not on the top of anyone radar, and is a goofy looking kid with a bland personality on camera. Not exactly what Marketing dreams are made of.

wait I thought he had too much personality and needed to tone it down and just be happy he's in the league?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I might be a little too sensitive to it because I've watched 180+ Eichel games in the last 2 years :laugh:

Most Sabres fans can likely recognize him from his stance alone. I expect the rest of the world to catch up within a few years ;)

Well yeah, you're a Sabres fan, that's why you can recognize him instantly. I'm a Caps fan so I can recognize any Caps player just by looking at his stance.

Some players have a trademark look that any hockey fan will recognize. Ovechkin with his tinted visor and yellow laces, Jagr with his mullet, Gretzky and his jersey tuck...

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Bland personality? I think you're just not paying attention.

It takes 1 second to recognize Eichel, regardlesss of situation. Guys like Kane and Crosby don't immediately stand out in every situation. Eichel just looks very unique at all times. Even when he's pouting :laugh:

Burns and Subban have character in interviews. Eichel does not.

You are a major Sabers homer, that is why you recognize him. Without his weird hair he is just another guy on the street to 99% of hockey fans.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
Jack's a good skater... he just looks like he's standing a little more upright than most players when they're skating

westbeast

Jun 22, 2017
Mike Rupp brought up his awkward skating style in NHL's Top 20 Centres a few days ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad