Why do the Sharks suck at home?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It sucked in 06-07 when they changed it and it's even worse now. Just keep the original. Same can be said for the jerseys.

I can understand why they changed it though, considering Glitter's history and how overused that song was. I think they could have sold the new goal song better.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Niki Sixx is clearly why we're losing games, the tank isn't hype enough

The goal song should either have been the Stone Cold theme or the John Cena theme, HAF

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
My brother went to the last Anaheim game. Bought a hot dog for his kid, but couldn't find any ketchup. No ketchup... anywhere... at the SAP Center.

That's the problem.

That's because you don't put ketchup on hot dogs. Duh.

But really, there's ketchup all over the place. Not sure why he couldn't find it.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That's because you don't put ketchup on hot dogs. Duh.

But really, there's ketchup all over the place. Not sure why he couldn't find it.

I thought that was only a Chicago thing. Never really understood that rule, but then I'm not from Chicago and don't know the secrets to a hot dog.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I believe it is distractions at home versus the road. They're probably don't put in the same amount of time to review game film, for instance, compared to being on the road. This is probably not just coaches, or just players, but all the way up and down the line in the org. Meaning it's infected into the culture.

That is a good song!

... but make it happen for next year.

They need something now, not next year. The change in the goal song, and how it was handled, is just another symptom of an organization not putting in the appropriate effort. As I stated above, its infecting the organization, up and down the line, on the ice, behind the bench, and in the offices.

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
Yeah the Sharks lay huge turds at home.

My problem is that most of these home games aren't even close. Most games we trail by 2+ goals. You can say, "Yeah we lost Couture." but that doesn't explain why we dominate on the road.

Maybe it's the commute. Maybe the Sharks spend too much time with families and not enough on the scouting report. Maybe they don't like the food in SJ as much. Who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad