Why do the Sharks suck at home?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Why do you guys think the Sharks do better lately on the road than at home? If I recall correctly, they did poorly at home last year as well. The Tank used to be one of the best home ice advantages in the league, but they can't buy a win at home over the last season plus.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why do you guys think the Sharks do better lately on the road than at home? If I recall correctly, they did poorly at home last year as well. The Tank used to be one of the best home ice advantages in the league, but they can't buy a win at home over the last season plus.

Well, they're not as bad as they show at home and they're not as good as what they show on the road. They're an inconsistent club with depth issues. The other thing is parity in the league. There are 17 teams that don't have more wins than losses at home.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
They don't show up.

On the road everyone is working hard. Here everyone is not trying to clear pucks or supporting defenseman down low that are struggling. The depth forwards are not doing their jobs well enough.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Because they actually hate being in their own houses with their kids, spouses/girlfriends vs a hotel room with their bros.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I blame Matt Nieto and Martin Jones.

In another vein, I also blame Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton.

In another vein, I blame Vlasic and Braun and Martin for not bringing offense.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Because they actually hate being in their own houses with their kids, spouses/girlfriends vs a hotel room with their bros.

LOL you actually believe they have kids?

They're genetically modified super humans created by Doug Wilson to mold the next generation of Sharks after this one. It's simple science really.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Maybe because they have the benefit of the last change, they are able to dictate matchups, and that actually messes with their natural flow?

Maybe they are just a better reactive team than they are a proactive one.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
LOL you actually believe they have kids?

They're genetically modified super humans created by Doug Wilson to mold the next generation of Sharks after this one. It's simple science really.

I mean sure for Thornton, Marleau, Burns, and Pavelski. But I don't see DW doing anything with like Mike Browns genes.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Yes the san jose fans do suck. Move the team to ottawa better and more shark fans here then in san jose any ways.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yes the san jose fans do suck. Move the team to ottawa better and more shark fans here then in san jose any ways.

I hear there's a stadium in Vegas and Quebec. We should continue the tradition of the Minnesota North Stars and split into two teams. One team gets Thornton, the other gets Marleau. One team gets Couture, the other gets Pavelski. One team gets Burns, the other gets Vlasic.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I hear there's a stadium in Vegas and Quebec. We should continue the tradition of the Minnesota North Stars and split into two teams. One team gets Thornton, the other gets Marleau. One team gets Couture, the other gets Pavelski. One team gets Burns, the other gets Vlasic.

So basically the Sharks would have a divorce.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
This thread has gone off the rails...

Sorry to be blunt and rude but it was sort of a silly question. If there was a fix that was possible with this team as it the coaches and GM would have already figured it out.

And if any one on this board could fix the problem as is then they would not be on the board talking about it, they would be making millions doing it.

Edit: and to add, it was pretty much answered in the 1st reply. This team has an aging top 6 where 4 of the top 6 are over 30 years of age. And the other 2 are playing in there 1st full nhl seasons in there careers.

The bottom 6 has a mix of age and young that leans heavily on rookies or youngsters to carry lines.

Last edited:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
- Extra pressure playing at home because the expectations are higher.
- Failures over the playoffs over the last few years (and not making it last year) could be affecting them mentally and making them overthink things.
- The whole DW/Thornton incident from last year probably does not help the situation at 'home'.
- We are not as good a team as we were 3-4 years back. Jumbo/Marleau are not the same players that they were back then. Especially Jumbo.

Given our record without having Couture for most of the year, I think we have definitely over-performed so far this season. Things will most likely balance out and we will improve at home and regress on the road.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Sorry to be blunt and rude but it was sort of a silly question. If there was a fix that was possible with this team as it the coaches and GM would have already figured it out.

And if any one on this board could fix the problem as is then they would not be on the board talking about it, they would be making millions doing it.

Edit: and to add, it was pretty much answered in the 1st reply. This team has an aging top 6 where 4 of the top 6 are over 30 years of age. And the other 2 are playing in there 1st full nhl seasons in there careers.

The bottom 6 has a mix of age and young that leans heavily on rookies or youngsters to carry lines.

The point of this forum is to discuss issues/topics exactly like that. The question that was asked is a very real one. rangerssharks414 is not trying to get a solution but just trying to discuss what our thoughts on this are.

Regarding what you mentioned in the 1st reply is a team problem. It should affect us whether we play on the road or at home. However, our road record is significantly better than our home record so blaming our home-record woes on an aging top-6 does not make sense to me since it is the same group of players. Especially when we have last change.

The one thing I do agree with you on is that I don't think the coaches or GM has a clue on what the 'home' problems are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad