Why do our coaches throw our players under the bus?

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Ryan's a perennial 30 goal scorer with the potential to hit the 40 mark. Just because he wanted him to play better defensively and wasn't french kissing his rear end doesn't mean he disliked coaching him.

Ryan was almost traded because of his bad relationship with Carlyle and that was one of the reasons that Carlyle ended up getting fired. You obviously don't know the situation very well if you think that their relationship was just Carlyle not "french kissing his rear" lol.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
When did Carlyle throw Rielly under the bus?

this is what i was thinking? i dont remember hearing any negative comments about reilly.

rielly was a healthy scratch at the beginning of the season. fraser got injured, rielly got some games. fraser got healthy, rielly went back to press box. i dont see anything wrong here.

imo its only a matter of time until one of fraser/ranger are exchanged for rielly anyways. my money is on ranger watching from the pressbox sooner then later.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Sure looked like Nonis threw the team under the bus in Boston.

He looked disgusted at what he just watched!

So was it?

a) Carlyle for overplaying Phaneuf
b) Phaneuf for giving up
c) Franson for not covering the man
d) Had to catch a flight and didn't want to be on the same one as the players

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Ryan was almost traded because of his bad relationship with Carlyle and that was one of the reasons that Carlyle ended up getting fired. You obviously don't know the situation very well if you think that their relationship was just Carlyle not "french kissing his rear" lol.
People have overblown Carlyle and Ryan

“It wasn’t a bad relationship, it just wasn’t a great one,†he said. “That’s all it was. He was a tough coach and I still really do owe him quite a bit for becoming the player I am. That isn’t lost on me one bit.â€

“He’s extremely demanding and he’s tough, but he’s also very fair … he can be a player’s coach,†said Ryan. “Sometimes I felt he was a little hard on me, but that was just being young and not taking things the right way. I wish I hadn’t taken things so personally. It’s part of growing as a player and a person, too. I’ve grown by leaps and bounds in the last two years. I can take things and separate them now, whreas I always felt I was a scapegoat for him.â€

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad