Why do our coaches throw our players under the bus?

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
It's pretty stupid to rip a player to the media. Justified or not the coach knows the media will always talk about the negative... way to **** with a young players confidence bud. First Kadri, now rielly. I don't get it... I like carlye's coaching I just don't get this... I hated Wilson for it and I hate that Carlyle does it. I don't get how this could be a positive in anyway... some things should stick between a player and a coach.
lol

how will that poor boy ever recover

you guys are funny

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
It's pretty stupid to rip a player to the media. Justified or not the coach knows the media will always talk about the negative... way to **** with a young players confidence bud. First Kadri, now rielly. I don't get it... I like carlye's coaching I just don't get this... I hated Wilson for it and I hate that Carlyle does it. I don't get how this could be a positive in anyway... some things should stick between a player and a coach.

Drama queen nonsense.

MapleLeaf4ever

Feb 9, 2013
GTA
When was Kadri ever thrown under the bus by Carlyle?

The worst Kadri had to endure was getting benched here and there for sucking. A lot of players go through it. Did we miss when Kadri credited Carlyle for his success last season when he finally broke out?

Don't think he was talking about Randy with the Kadri point, although if he consider's Randy's comments on Rielly throwing under the bus I would like to see what he consider's Subban's treatment.

Randy gave Kadri the shot he deserved. He threw him into the deep end with a slowly deflating raft and told him to swim. Kadri did and now he may be our #1C. Randy did the same with Reilly, but now he needs a bit of a fire under his ass. It was either him or Jake, and idt the fans would take to kindly having Gardiner sit. It was the best option. Could also mean Carlyle is gunna let him play in the worlds and is comfortable with Ranger in the line-up pernamently.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

So they can't demand accountability from their players?

GifKing*

Oct 24, 2013
Because a dinosaur coach doesn't like skill players.

An apparent skilled player made one to many mistakes.
Whats wrong with calling him out?
These players are NHL caliber for a reason, making the money they do for a reason.
They didn't receive participation medals for playing like crap growing up. They got an earful and worked their tales off to prove they can work through adversity and ups/downs.

You nancies.

Dinosaur comment is false, but for humour here is the dinosaur being showed-up.
knockout.gif

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I do hope they let him play in the World Juniors.. would be good for his career and confidence. We have enough bodies to cover for now.

mikebel111*

I do hope they let him play in the World Juniors.. would be good for his career and confidence. We have enough bodies to cover for now.

agreed, I really want to see a rielly and finn pairing.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Anyone see what the habs are doing with subban and how they released a video of the coach ripping him in the video room? Yeah. It could be a lot worse for Reilly

what?
is that that on youtube? that's... not good.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Wilson, yeah, you have a definite case, but I think Randy has been a pretty good motivator. His job depends in no small part on how the kids develop, so I don't think that he will be shooting the team or himself in the foot any time soon.

cynicism

Aug 13, 2008
Because a dinosaur coach doesn't like skill players.

Yeah, Cam Fowler, Teemu Selanne, Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf, Andy McDonald, Corey Perry, Scott Niedermayer, Chris Pronger are players with no skill at all that Carlyle loved coaching.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Anyone see what the habs are doing with subban and how they released a video of the coach ripping him in the video room? Yeah. It could be a lot worse for Reilly

its easy to point a finger at reilly but the group as a whole is kinda having its moments ,franson looks overpaid at this juncture .....reilly looked good against NJ .....

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Maybe we should have had Love-a-Lot Bear as our coach instead of an NHL coach that challenges his players and answers honestly without even slightly hurting anyone's feelings.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Carlyle needs to tuck them into bed at night, tell them all that they'll be the next Gretzky, and sing them a lullaby before giving them goodnight kisses on the forehead. He should also cook them breakfast in the morning, pack them lunch and coddle them at all times.

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
Make fewer mistakes and RC won't make comments about how you make mistakes.

Reilly seems to understand that. Wish more Leafs fans would grow some sack and deal with it like the players do.

Last edited:

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Yeah, Cam Fowler, Teemu Selanne, Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf, Andy McDonald, Corey Perry, Scott Niedermayer, Chris Pronger are players with no skill at all that Carlyle loved coaching.

you can go ahead and scratch him off the list.

stanleyorbust

Nov 29, 2009
Maybe I'm wrong but I have not seen any player thrown under the bus by our coaching staff this year.

Media has asked questions about players and have gotten fairly accurate answers. Hows Gardiner playing? hes young and learning the game,he needs to work on such and such.. How is this throwing someone under the bus? Has Caryle walked out and told the media that a certain player is the reason we lost a game? Not that I've seen. He's held his players accountable for their play...

Why are people so damn sensitive? If you can't take some constructive criticism then good luck in life.

cynicism

Aug 13, 2008
you can go ahead and scratch him off the list.

Ryan's a perennial 30 goal scorer with the potential to hit the 40 mark. Just because he wanted him to play better defensively and wasn't french kissing his rear end doesn't mean he disliked coaching him.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
This place does it all the time, dozens of times a day. Kettle meet the biggest blackhole in the universe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad