OT: Why different tone when dealing with other teams fans?

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Being a massive fan of the Witcher series (both books and video games), I feel ashamed the name sounds familiar but can't quite place it.

Vandergrift was the champion of Kaedwen during the war against Aedirn. His nickname was Domokrążca (essentially a peddler or door to door salesman in Polish) because he'd go around to people's homes after conquering their city, reassure them that everything would be okay and then cut their throats.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Vandergrift was the champion of Kaedwen during the war against Aedirn. His nickname was Domokrążca (essentially a peddler or door to door salesman in Polish) because he'd go around to people's homes after conquering their city, reassure them that everything would be okay and then cut their throats.

Ah, now I think I recall. I believe he was one of the "bosses" you had to fight during that recreation part of the battle in Part II of the Witcher 2 game.

RizzleMcRib

Cheeseburgers and rocket ships.
Jun 17, 2014
Wherever there are cheeseburgers.
For me, I think it's familiarity and also making sure my message is more important than the avatar or the username.

When I'm discussing things with fellow Pens fans, I can be a bit more ... aggressive because I don't have to worry about them defaulting to some knock about the Pens rather than what I wrote. When I'm discussing things with outside fans, I try to tone it down so that they won't get derailed into attacking me as a Pens fan, rather than focusing on what I'm saying.

I also like to visit other forums, and as such, I view myself as an outsider so I try to remain more civil. When I'm on the Pens sub-forum, I feel more "at home" and don't have to worry about being on offensive intruder.
That's kinda the way I looked at it. Maybe ambassador was too strong of a word.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I may have to go to Vandergrift for a work project. How is that area?

Run down, and just before you start hitting nowhereland.

I actually make trips to Frosty Hollow Hardwoods in Vandergrift. It's the typical run down town with a lot of storefronts closed up with just enough to give to poke your interests, but it's usually restricted to one or two. Nothing to go out of your way for, but if you're in the area for something else...whatever.

Oh, A J's Restaurant on Washington Ave. is ok.

Last edited:

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Because familiarity breeds contempt, and Im awfully familiar with a lot of you assholes compared to other teams fans

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
0caa263607eb0c320fae13cda6eede35.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad