OT: Why different tone when dealing with other teams fans?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Getting mad at someone or being rude to someone at a game just because they're fans of the opposing team is never okay. You're taking this way too seriously if you're a heckler.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I grew up Pens fan in NC. I've actually only been to Pittsburgh once in my life.

Pittsburgh especially is the kind of weird hospitable, nice culture of PA. There is a reason they call it Pennsyltucky. It also is why you have the crazy asshole fans because sports is basically all they care about.

Philadelphia doesn’t really encapsulate this because of the fact they are a huge city with an inferiority complex. They want to be New York and until the Crosby era Philly literally dominated us outside of a few years in the Lemieux era when they fell off from being a cup contender for almost 20 years.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Pittsburgh especially is the kind of weird hospitable, nice culture of PA. Their is a reason they call it Pennsyltucky. It also is why you have the crazy ******* fans because sports is basically all they care about.

Philadelphia doesn’t really encapsulate this because of the fact they are a huge city with an inferiority complex. They want to be New York and until the Crosby era Philly literally dominated us outside of a few years in the Lemieux era when they fell off from being a cup contender for almost 20 years.

I was under the impression that Pennsyltucky comes from the fact that between Pittsburgh and Philly is a barren wasteland devoid of culture or humanity.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I was under the impression that Pennsyltucky comes from the fact that between Pittsburgh and Philly is a barren wasteland devoid of culture or humanity.

I was under this impression as well. Still not sure what the f*** a Pennsylvania Dutch is?

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
What about Breezewood, land of Motels? Old exit 12 on the I-76!

Oh man, the memories of driving through there on my trips north. There was that motel. Several gas stations. That one diner/gas station combo. And then that other motel. Can't forget any of the 17 identical diners. Did I mention the motel?

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I was under this impression as well. Still not sure what the **** a Pennsylvania Dutch is?

otvqdxt3o5pvwey1hzkd.jpg

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Oh man, the memories of driving through there on my trips north. There was that motel. Several gas stations. That one diner/gas station combo. And then that other motel. Can't forget any of the 17 identical diners. Did I mention the motel?

And the meth!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
For me, I think it's familiarity and also making sure my message is more important than the avatar or the username.

When I'm discussing things with fellow Pens fans, I can be a bit more ... aggressive because I don't have to worry about them defaulting to some knock about the Pens rather than what I wrote. When I'm discussing things with outside fans, I try to tone it down so that they won't get derailed into attacking me as a Pens fan, rather than focusing on what I'm saying.

I also like to visit other forums, and as such, I view myself as an outsider so I try to remain more civil. When I'm on the Pens sub-forum, I feel more "at home" and don't have to worry about being on offensive intruder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad