Why did you guys let MacArthur walk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Sens fan coming in peace!

Just thought I would ask why MacArthur got away so cheap. Make no mistake you guys are playing great and with Leiweke things are only going to get better! But I just don't get how MacArthur walked with no offer. I don't get it. It wasn't long ago he had over 60 points in a season! Proving he is a viable top 6 forward!

This season Clarke has been amazing! He is hustling every game, making great slick passes, skating is outstanding, he is always infront of the net and in the right area to score, killing penalties, contributing on the powerplay etc.

Most importantly he is having a phenominal season and has been dazzling with Turris and Ryan! They have been arguably our top line this year! and are continuing to be our most fatal force! MacArthur is pace for a career year and I can't believe the Leafs would let him go to a Rival and walk like that. I feel like Ottawa picked up a gift in free agency>

His next contract won't be for 3.25 million

bobbyflex

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto, ON

Just thought I would ask why MacArthur got away so cheap. Make no mistake you guys are playing great and with Leiweke things are only going to get better! But I just don't get how MacArthur walked with no offer. I don't get it. It wasn't long ago he had over 60 points in a season! Proving he is a viable top 6 forward!

This season Clarke has been amazing! He is hustling every game, making great slick passes, skating is outstanding, he is always infront of the net and in the right area to score, killing penalties, contributing on the powerplay etc.

Most importantly he is having a phenominal season and has been dazzling with Turris and Ryan! They have been arguably our top line this year! and are continuing to be our most fatal force! MacArthur is pace for a career year and I can't believe the Leafs would let him go to a Rival and walk like that. I feel like Ottawa picked up a gift in free agency>

Raymond $1M

MacArthur: $3.25M

Last edited by a moderator:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
He said he knew he was going to leave the team when they were in the playoffs, not a player I would try to keep on my team.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Lupul, JVR, Kessel, __________,

Clark is only tough when he feels like it (not often) and we had enough goal scoring to look for more toughness for the final top 6 winger.

On the checking line we have Kulemin and Raymond. I doubt anyone misses him around here.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
He just isn't that great of a player. Always performs on free wheeling teams. Disappears when the team plays well defensively.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
He was ok, but very streaky... His best year was on a line with Grabovski and Kulemin who both had career years as well. None of them seemed to have matched their level of play that year... He had a huge habit of vanishing into thin air for massive stretches of games.. Like I said, very streaky...

Glad that he's doing well in Ottawa though. Our forward group seems to be perfectly fine without him.

zong

Apr 2, 2013
Needed size on our top 2 lines, and there was no way he could surpass either Lupes/Kessel/JVR so he was expendable. Sooner or later his lethargic play will alienate Sens fans too.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

MacArthur is as streaky as it gets. At some point this season you'll be wondering where the hell he went.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
If you guys can't have a proper conversation, you'll be removed from the thread. It's a valid question.

On topic: We just didn't have the space for him and he wouldn't have been one of our top 6 wingers. He's not displacing Lupul, Clarkson, Kessel, JVR and then we have Raymond and Kulemin on our third line winger spots.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
As a Sens fan, we all know he doesn't fit in with the Leafs. They were smart to get rid of him, and the Sens were actually smart to pick him up. He's been absolutely a beast for the Sens, whether he is getting points or not. He's been all around great. But a change of scenery can do that to a player. Not sure why this needs to be asked to Leafs fans. They don't like him because he was streaky playing in a defensive system.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Raymond > MacArthur for the Leafs. No way the Leafs pay him 3.25M.

Better defensively, puts up points, costs less than a third of MacArthur's cap hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad