Why did Leiweke tear Nonis' 3 year deal to give him a 5 year deal????

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So in other words we can do a better job than Nonis.

We should pool our money, buy the Leafs and then run them based on hfboards polls.

I make it my personal guarantee we would be a better hockey club with that method. ;)

But we would have to be able to strike down interactif and a few others proposals before they go to vote.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
It's funny because if you described the type of forward we need to add to this group, it would be a guy like the Clarkson who played his last 2 seasons in Jersey. physical, hard to move off the puck, gets to the dirty areas, can finish. nobody who was in on Clarkson thought he would play the way he has. But this isn't a video game, sometimes human beings don't perform the way you expected them to.

we need to add a guy like Clarkson to a group that includes Clarkson?

Leafspoison*

So in your mind Vanek would have solved the deficiencies with this team? Vanek??

No, but that would have helped the forwards. Then, imho, Nonuts should have then gone after another defender.

So you are happy he did nothing to improve the team when the teams around us improved? So you like not making the playoffs?

Leafspoison*

Tbh I don't believe for a second Nonis is safe.

Regardless of his deal who cares, this is MLSE with unlimited money. They can afford to pay Nonis whatever buyout is incorporated into his deal.

Not that he should be fired, but Leiwicke shouldn't let his ego play into this. That's something the leaders of this org have messed up with over and over again.

If he doesn't have faith in Nonis eat your god damn pride and can him

I hope you are right.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Nonis will follow direction of Lewike - Hence the extension

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad