Why did Keefe break up Matthews and Marner?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
At the time they made the switch, Matthews was struggling, and Nylander was doing well, even playing with JT.

Matthew's improved with Willy, and Mitch has managed to keep JT going about as well as Willy did. So it's win-win.

ROR pushing JT to the wing, and maybe eventually to 3C, is another improvement.

Let's enjoy it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
At the time they made the switch, Matthews was struggling, and Nylander was doing well, even playing with JT.

Matthew's improved with Willy, and Mitch has managed to keep JT going about as well as Willy did. So it's win-win.

ROR pushing JT to the wing, and maybe eventually to 3C, is another improvement.

Let's enjoy it.
I think JT might be better playing with 3rd liners. They will just dump and chase and get the cycle going which suits JT.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
"+/- is a bad stat"

"Let me double down on that to push my narrative" - Mess

Classic Mess.

The lines were changed because they weren't clicking well.

I still want three scoring lines and think Marner/Matthews is one of the best lines in hockey.

Hoping we can maybe see Tavares with two skilled grinders since he used to thrive there.

Test out

X - Matthews - Marner
X - Tavares - X
X - O'Reilly - Nylander
ZAR - Kampf - X

Rotate Bunting, Kerfoot, Jarnkrok, Acciari, Engvall, whoever, to see if there are any good fits.
I don't mind it during the regular season but against Boston, if we make it that far, I don't want Matthews and Marner together to avoid the Bergeron match up. Bergeron has 11 goals against in over 600 minutes this year. It's a 0.99 goals against per 60 and in the playoffs things get even tighter. You already know that line will have Bergeron glued to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad