Why are we still here?

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I don't think that it really has much to do with a difference of opinion, you have to remember that we are in a 31 team league, it is a competition and when you see a guy like Bergevin that is taking a promising team that he inherited and basically run it into the ground it is going to stir up some angry reactions amongst fans.
Maybe I AM overthinking it. I’m shut in all day because of the weather and hiding from my wife who wants to do spring cleaning. She isn’t listening to my argument that it’s not Spring.

Apr 28, 2010
Being a Habs fan lately is making me more of a hockey fan. I've been following the Blackhawks (since 2013) and Predators (Subban) a lot in the past 2 years.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
If Bergevin is still GM on July 1st I'm done.

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion but I'm giving Molson a chance to change his mind. If Bergevin is still GM on free agency day I'm done.

Has a GM or coach ever been fired after having been confirmed to stay at the post-season PC?

Reactions: Tyson

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Honest question.

Why are you still a Habs fan? What keeps you around?

I’m starting to seriously question my fandom to this franchise after the events of this week, and the rumours about Lefebvre getting promoted. For the first time in my life, I’ve considered leaving this team in the dust.

The owner is clearly as incompetent as the GM, and the indication right now is that isn’t changing any time soon ...

To ask why you’re still a fan of the habs is to ask why anyone is a fan of any group of individuals whom they’ve never met and who’s failures they have literally no control over, and who’s succces is not ours.

Every team in the history of teams is going to succeed and suck. And there’s nothing any of us can do but watch. Bergevin made some stupid choices I hate and yet I can say with complete certainty that he wants this tram to win and he’s going to try and add more talented players. He might run it into the ground or he might sign Tavares and draft a stud with our first. The players play.

Remember when George McPhee traded Forsberg for erat. Lamoureillo gave Kovalchuk 17 f***ing years. Yzerman drafted Brett Connelly. David Poile spent 30 f***ing years as a gm before making the finals.

It is a parity league. Bergevin is not wrong in that. I don’t have any more faith in anyone they bring in. They’re all just making the best choices they can. No gm deserves as much credit they get for the masterful decisions they make or the hate for the ooor ones. I know a lot of people are gonna disagree but they are ALL hired to be fired

Reactions: Darz

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
The whole post you had me reexamining my own beliefs but right here you stepped off the soap box. We suck and it has nothing to do with social media, this place is no different from Barber shops or coffee shops from the 70s or 80s, fans passion runs deep and especially the passion ingrained in the fan base of the most storied franchise in the entire hockey world.
We do suck, but the degree to which we suck and why is what those barber shops would talk about. Do you really think those discussions involved the degree of vilification that exists now? Civil discourse among people with differing opinions is lacking. If we all posted as if we were sitting together, things would probably be way more pleasant.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We do suck, but the degree to which we suck and why is what those barber shops would talk about. Do you really think those discussions involved the degree of vilification that exists now? Civil discourse among people with differing opinions is lacking. If we all posted as if we were sitting together, things would probably be way more pleasant.

You probably just described the world.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Has a GM or coach ever been fired after having been confirmed to stay at the post-season PC?

Probably not, but a lot can change in 3 months.

Geoff might be listening to the interviews Marc has been doing and wake up.

If not, no point following this team anymore.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
1-0 Tampa, Brayden Point, love the kid. Beautiful skating and a quick shot!

Wait -- are you sure you wanted to post that in this thread?

So, in response to the thread subject about why you're here, it's to provide score updates from other teams? :P

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Probably not, but a lot can change in 3 months.

Geoff might be listening to the interviews Marc has been doing and wake up.

If not, no point following this team anymore.
I mean it won't but if it ever happens this summer it likely won't come from Molson himself (he's just as delusional) but the rest of board ordering for a change.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Honest question.

Why are you still a Habs fan? What keeps you around?

I’m starting to seriously question my fandom to this franchise after the events of this week, and the rumours about Lefebvre getting promoted. For the first time in my life, I’ve considered leaving this team in the dust.

The owner is clearly as incompetent as the GM, and the indication right now is that isn’t changing any time soon ...
Because the sun rises in the east and I was born in Montreal and I love the Habs. I have no choice and am glad of it.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
@Grant McCagg aka McHack

Maybe you should look at where they are each trending...

And comparing Poile's entire tenure? He built from an expansion draft in a cash strapped market, whereas MB inherited a perennial 100 points team (that was missing its MVP) and turned it into crap despite being able to spend to the cap limit.

exactly...

it almost defies comprehension how a person who spends their professional career immersed in an industry could have such poor understanding of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad