TV: Whose Line is it Anyway?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
tumblr_nnepfxfAPm1qc8jh0o2_500.gif

Never heard of Adelaide Kane before but damn...

tumblr_nni60jNiKk1sfd40oo1_250.gif

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I wasn't impressed when the show started up, but I started watching again recently and the newer episodes are much improved and are actually a lot of fun.

Fanpuck33

Dec 15, 2010
Ohio
Two good "special" guests in a row. I still MUCH prefer using the audience, but it's refreshing to not see terrible games with the guests.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Let's Make A Date was hilarious this week. Also Vernon Davis really gacve it all in hios segments.

Also realized I missed an episode, with Brad Sherwood (Weird Newscasters) and Heather Morris as the celebrity guest.

tumblr_nppnhf3Ps41tfli4vo1_1280.png

tumblr_nppnhf3Ps41tfli4vo2_1280.png

tumblr_nppnhf3Ps41tfli4vo3_1280.png

Aisha's look when Wayne was the sportscaster doing a day in the life of Aisha. :laugh: "When you least expect it, Brady...I'm a **** you up!"

Last edited:

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Davis tried his best but a lot of the times (not only him) the celebrity guest just make the segments awkward and you laugh at that instead of the actual bit. I think they should be limited to one segment per show depending on their background (sportsperson, actor, etc.). The actual cast of WLIIA would do a better job is most of those segments.

But Aisha is doing a better job and building really good chemistry with the cast. It's less awkward now. Plenty of scenes from a hat which is my favorite. And they're bringing back some of the original members like Brad and Greg which is cool. Keegan Michael Key is the best and it's not even a debate.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Is the new stuff worth a damn?
I absolutely loved it when Drew Carey was hosting.

Oh hell yeah. All the skits are still funny. CW wants to plug their shows by having celebrity guests occasionally but they've been better this season. Penn & Teller totally flipped the Helping Hands skit this week. :laugh:

By the way, it now airs on Monday.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Is the new stuff worth a damn?
I absolutely loved it when Drew Carey was hosting.

I couldn't get into the first season of the revival. Too many new, unfunny games, not enough of the classic ones. And the guest stars who show up for a game or two felt really, really forced on everyone. The guests are still there but they tend to be put into games that make more sense to have them and the results can be fun. They've also gotten rid of some of the clunkers and mixed up the range of games offered to be more entertaining (Hoedown is back, they make liberal use of the dating game and scenes from a hat and props and the stuff that people like). And after a slow start Aisha Tyler really seems to have settled into a nice groove as the host and rapport with the performers (like how they had some back and forth with Drew or Clive in the UK version)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad