TV: Whose Line is it Anyway?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
whose2.jpg

Love this show. Was just re-watching a couple of old episodes which almost made me wet my pants.

It got me thinking, would it be possible to re-boot the show with new comedians/actors? Now ofcourse the show I know and love is a re-boot itself. The original was based in the UK with Clive Anderson as the host. Some say improv comedy is out of style, what do you think, could it work?

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I'd watch it. Whether it worked or not would probably mostly depend on the personalities. Though you can say that and then think about the other similar shows that were on the air which flopped quickly, even though most of the same comedians were showcased.

Having Richard Simmons as a special guest would make it instantly funnier, too!

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
One of my all-time favourite shows.
The things those guys could come up with blew my mind.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Love the show. Ryan and Colin would have to be on any new version. I would actually prefer the same comics be on (except Wayne who I thought was painfully unfunny).

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Every time Colin and Ryan would have that banter as infomercial guys it would be an instant comedy classic.

"Hey Colin, how much would you pay for a 2-CD set like this?"

"Oh, I dunno, $39?"

"... Unfortunately it's $69.95..."

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Great show, last year GSN showed a similar show where after Drew did his stand up in Vegas they would do a Whose Line type show, not sure if they are still doing new episodes, or if it's even on anymore?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Great show, last year GSN showed a similar show where after Drew did his stand up in Vegas they would do a Whose Line type show, not sure if they are still doing new episodes, or if it's even on anymore?

It's not on anymore. It was horrible, not like Whose Line at all.

RJ8812*

I enjoyed the re-vamped American version, but the original British version with Clive Anderson as the host was much, much better

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Never saw the British version although I always wanted to. Whose Line is an amazing TV show. I have all the episodes and will watch them completely at random. Still gets me in tears every time.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Great show! I gotta start watching old episodes again. The infomercials were always great as well as the green screen.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

By far, the best green screen in history.

"Now I noticed you're not wearing sunglasses to help you with that incredible shine."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad