Boston Bruins Who's the next Captain?

2023-24 Captain

• Total voters

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Elias Lindholm...:naughty:

Actually I like the captain by committee approach.
Yeh hearing we are his choice - I’m pumping iron so not following media. Did Jimmy Murphy break this on Hockey Now?

I want credit since I told a few folks on the Dark Hockey Web yesterday, Jimmy gotta be lurking there with us

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I just had this weird feeling out of nowhere that its going to be Pastrnak.

I can just picture it, he's the face of the team now and with his boisterous antics - it would make sense business wise. Plus according to elite prospects he's been an "A" for 2 seasons now.

Pasta has picked up with his leadership in the last couple of years (from where we sit) and who knows for the future, but I will be very disappointed if next season doesn't have the "C" on Brad who is the true leader now that Bergy is gone.

Brad is the most vocal player with the players, coaches and officials (and they do listen to him). He sets up many of the plays on the ice (and has for years). Brad is a clear leader on the ice and bench and per Andy Brickly "holds the room".

He has been wearing the "A" for a long time for a reason.

IMO no other player is ready and putting the "C" on them would not be good for anyone. Let the few guys who are wearing the "A"s develop more into a leader so that once Brad leaves, they will step into the role.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Pasta has picked up with his leadership in the last couple of years (from where we sit) and who knows for the future, but I will be very disappointed if next season doesn't have the "C" on Brad who is the true leader now that Bergy is gone.

Brad is the most vocal player with the players, coaches and officials (and they do listen to him). He sets up many of the plays on the ice (and has for years). Brad is a clear leader on the ice and bench and per Andy Brickly "holds the room".

IMO no other player is ready and putting the "C" on them would not be good for anyone. Let the few guys who are wearing the "A"s develop more into a leader so that once Brad leaves, they will step into the role.
I trust your opinion, and I won't be upset whoever gets the "C" - I wonder if Brad wants it though?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I trust your opinion, and I won't be upset whoever gets the "C" - I wonder if Brad wants it though?
Thank you! It is just my opinion, but I believe many in the real Bruins world agree.

I don't know why he wouldn't want it. It isn't a stretch as whenever Bergy was out he stepped into that role easily. Brad also has no problem in front of the camera answering questions.

IMO, he has grown up so much from the days when Bergy would grab Brad by the back of his jersey and tell him to "stop". This was many years ago.

Even the officials listen to Brad. . ..all of them. It has been fun to watch him grow into a major leadership role, and he has been there for a few years.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Assuming it's Marchand (and I am) what does that mean for the team wide approach. You think they will take on the personality of their captain? Certainly did under Z and Bergeron.

Personally I'd love a team that approaches the game in the Marchand mindset.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Excellent post . I don't have the vantage point you have but all that you wrote comes across in a TV broadcast. Anything other than Brad with the C is a real bad sign .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad