Who's the hottest team going into the playoffs?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

The OT losses came from Buffalo and if I`m not mistaken Vancouver. Forgot who else.
Regulation loss in the last seconds vs Blues. PS that March 3 is IIRC when we returned from the free week

But losing Fowler is a huge blow. Lindholm is not heatlhy yet as well, so we are without our top 2 Dmen now. And our #3 Vatanen was just injured but returned last game.

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010

The OT losses came from Buffalo and if I`m not mistaken Vancouver. Forgot who else.
Regulation loss in the last seconds vs Blues. PS that March 3 is IIRC when we returned from the free week

But losing Fowler is a huge blow. Lindholm is not heatlhy yet as well, so we are without our top 2 Dmen now. And our #3 Vatanen was just injured but returned last game.

Edmonton is the team you are looking for.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The simplest way is to look at the last 10 games of each team. That tells me that Washington (9-1-0) and Anaheim (8-0-2) are the hottest teams at the moment, with Edmonton (8-2-0), St. Louis (7-1-2) Montreal (7-2-1) and Toronto (7-3-0) also on rolls respectively.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anaheim is serious this year, mark my words.

I think a lot will depend on how long fowler is out, there is a significant difference between fowler and Theodore/Montour at this point in their careers. Ill also say we need our wingers to not go invisible like they did last year.... Perry and Rakell have to score.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think a lot will depend on how long fowler is out, there is a significant difference between fowler and Theodore/Montour at this point in their careers. Ill also say we need our wingers to not go invisible like they did last year.... Perry and Rakell have to score.

I'd actually be pretty alright playing Anaheim without Fowler from an Oilers point of view (even though its impossible in the 1st round) because he's the one D who can actually skate with McDavid at least most of the time.

Anaheim should be alright though in the first round without Fowler if they face Calgary or even the Sharks. They're built well for playoffs against both those team imo and have a strong strong team. Nashville would be an interesting series though if they win the Pacific and Nashville hops past Calgary.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd actually be pretty alright playing Anaheim without Fowler from an Oilers point of view (even though its impossible in the 1st round) because he's the one D who can actually skate with McDavid at least most of the time.

Anaheim should be alright though in the first round without Fowler if they face Calgary or even the Sharks. They're built well for playoffs against both those team imo and have a strong strong team. Nashville would be an interesting series though if they win the Pacific and Nashville hops past Calgary.

Yea fowler is a great matchup against quick guys like McDavid... but Theodore/Montour and even lindholm/vatanen are pretty good skaters in their own right... maybe not as agile/quick as fowler.

Mcdavid isn't the type of player you stop with 1 guy tho, its got to be a team effort... hed see a lot of cogliano kesler and silfverberg also.

Id honestly rather play Chicago than Nashville... Nashville always beats us no matter what ... like I think this is how Calgary fans feel when they play Anaheim.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Ducks are just crushing it, they're sucker punching now just laughing at teams. They know their penalty kill will shut them down so they don't have to worry about taking penalties.

Beating them on the scoreboard and in the alley, full humiliation. Broad Street Bullies version 2.0.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Leafs deserve some mention here. EVERYONE doubted them, they faced the defending the champions with the Lightning chasing them, and THEY SMOKED THEM!!!!

Capitals better watch out!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad