Who's the hottest team going into the playoffs?

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
From purely possession stat perspective, Minnesota is an interesting team lately. They didn't get a lot of wins in the last month but they have been regularly out-shooting and out-chancing their opponents, something they didn't do for most of the season. As a result, since March 1st their Corsi For (score adjusted) is ~53.5%. I think, if Dubnyk start playing better, they will come out of this slump a better team than they were a month ago.

To contrast this, Chicago is winning a lot of games while posting a very subpar CF% of ~48%in the same time frame.

Shh don't tell anyone. Also I have been kind of disappointed in them these last two games when it comes possession. I mean getting outshot by Colorado come on.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
C8YgkltV0AECTve.jpg

I think Boston beat the top 3 during this time frame.
That said, I don't think Boston can win it this year, lots of holes, but
stranger things have happened.

The favorite rarely wins it all, in any sport, once the playoffs start.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Of the top teams? Chicago for me.

An average team getting hot before the playoffs doesn't mean that much.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I like the Habs chances going in, the way they have played under Julien especially Price is fantastic news for us.

Chicago or Anaheim out of the West

habsnacks

Nov 16, 2014
habs have been good since the coaching change. oilers have been crazy good. bruins looking good.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Look at all you bickering over here about who's the hotter team...meanwhile I'm just crying myself to sleep.

Who cares and enjoy the playoffs!

Go Avs...

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Bruins have won 18 out of 26 under Cassidy and play a completely different type of hockey albeit one dimensional which a superb goalkeeper. Them again we will so how dynamic they can be if they face the sense trap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad