Who's the hottest team going into the playoffs?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Last year we saw Penguins smoking hot and streaking their way all the way from like the last quarter of the regular season all the way to a Stanley Cup win.

I don't think there's a team that hot this year. But who's the closest right now?

Let's figure this out. Bonus points for stats-based answers.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
There are plenty of teams that are hot right now. What are you talking about? Let's see... Chicago, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Anaheim, St-Louis... even Tampa Bay will be red hot if they reach the playoffs.

The hottest for me is between Edmonton, Montreal and Anaheim!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
There are plenty of teams that are hot right now. What are you talking about? Let's see... Chicago, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Anaheim, St-Louis... even Tampa Bay will be red hot if they reach the playoffs.

The hottest for me is between Edmonton, Montreal and Anaheim!

I wanna know who statistically is the HOTTEST.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Blackhawks have been the leagues best team since February 1st.

Since then they are 13-2-0 against teams projected to make the upcoming playoffs. Those 2 losses were goalie wins for the Ducks and Oilers in games that the Hawks dominated.

Other than the fluke blowout loss @FLA they've picked up a pt in just about every game for 2 months. Overall record since 2/1/17 is 20-4-2.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I wanna know who statistically is the HOTTEST.

C8YgkltV0AECTve.jpg

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Last year we saw Penguins smoking hot and streaking their way all the way from like the last quarter of the regular season all the way to a Stanley Cup win.

I don't think there's a team that hot this year. But who's the closest right now?

Let's figure this out. Bonus points for stats-based answers.
Ummm... Not Minnesota.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Or probably take homer glasses off and realize that it's not Toronto.

Don't ask a question if all you want is people to say Edmonton. It's painfully obvious you don't want a discussion as you post this once the Oilers have the best record in the last 10 games and are on a five game win streak.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don't ask a question if all you want is people to say Edmonton. It's painfully obvious you don't want a discussion as you post this once the Oilers have the best record in the last 10 games and are on a five game win streak.

Actually as backed by stats posted it looks like Montreal is the hottest team right now. Glad I made this thread to find that out and start a discussion on the hottest team. Wow, maybe this is the Habs year.

Wonder if it's Price heating up or just the Julien effect?

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Actually as backed by stats posted it looks like Montreal is the hottest team right now. Glad I made this thread to find that out and start a discussion on the hottest team. Wow, maybe this is the Habs year.

It's the minus Therrien effect. Everyone has been playing better. The only issue going into the playoffs is Galchenyuk, imo.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

That graphic starts when it does for a reason. The true answer to your question is it has no answer, because unless you specify a timeframe or number of games It's entirely subjective.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That graphic starts when it does for a reason. The true answer to your question is it has no answer, because unless you specify a timeframe or number of games It's entirely subjective.

Well i wouldn't say subjective. But we can go with your timeframe you gave above and see how that plays out. In any case, I for one am happy someone posted the stats because I gleaned a nice perspective from it and it gives me a clearer picture of the upcoming playoffs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Or probably take homer glasses off and realize that it's not Toronto.

I am not sure it's not it's been pretty much win 3 or 4 in a row, lose one win 3 or 4 in a row, lose one, win 3 or 4 in a row for a while now

to the point where they have over taken Ottawa for 2nd in the division based on having more ROW.

at one point 3rd in the division seemed like a long shot now they are in 2nd and currently have home ice.

so there are no homer glasses, the Leafs have been red hot for a while now

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I am not sure it's not it's been pretty much win 3 or 4 in a row, lose one win 3 or 4 in a row, lose one, win 3 or 4 in a row for a while now

to the point where they have over taken Ottawa for 2nd in the division based on having more ROW.

at one point 3rd in the division seemed like a long shot now they are in 2nd and currently have home ice.

so there are no homer glasses, the Leafs have been red hot for a while now

Nice reasons. But they don't crack the top 5 hottest teams at the moment, you know statistically.

Apr 28, 2010
Edmonton.

9-1 in their last 10 games.

But there's also about 7-8 teams that won 7 of their last 10 games.

MrSnrub

May 23, 2010
Some place far away
No team as hot as last year's Pens but Chicago, Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal, Anaheim and Toronto are looking particularly good lately. Pittsburgh are banged up and Ottawa have suddenly gone cold, while San Jose and the Wild may as well not even show up for the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad