Rumor: Who's scouting who?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I can't see Sutter and Kane existing in the same zip code. So I am wondering who the Kings are scouting. I can't see Gionta or Moulson. Maybe Ennis or Foglino? Both are reasonable cap wise but both contracts are expiring. You would think if they are eyeing a forward it would not be another rental.

Because of where they are at as far as their goals I wouldn't consider LA and Buffalo to be good trading partners at all. Buffalo is building and has some nice young pieces, but not a lot of dead weight. The Kings are still trying to win but replenish at the same time, so dipping into the rental market doesn't make sense at all.

I could see Foglino for something marginal, certainly nothing of high value. I can't see a fit of any true "hockey trade" that improves both teams really, and not much that would make sense. Maybe Buffalo covets someone and approached the Kings?

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
I can't see Sutter and Kane existing in the same zip code. So I am wondering who the Kings are scouting. I can't see Gionta or Moulson. Maybe Ennis or Foglino? Both are reasonable cap wise but both contracts are expiring. You would think if they are eyeing a forward it would not be another rental.

RoR/Eichel/Reinhart.... it's hard to run 3 "scoring" lines because guys like King/Lewis/Brown have to play somewhere. Reinhart isn't going to be great as a shutdown 3C with grinders. RoR could probably fill that role but wouldn't be happy. You could always move Reinhart to wing, but that's not using him to the best of his ability.

Reinhart would be my target. They won't want to move him, but he is a square peg in a round hole. Plus the 3C's of the last few cups winners are what? Stoll/Handzus/Bonino/Richards (on his death bed)/That Chicago guy that scored an OT goal got a ridiculous contract from Florida? Don't need a high end 3C.

There's not much else. Maybe if Bogo was cheap (with equal cap going back), Kane isn't of much interest. None of the other guys stand out. Don't see trading for a goalie. That would have made sense a month or so ago. Why address the goal situation now?

The Kings have been scouting the Sabres and DO need scoring, but I am told they aren't high on Evander Kane and haven't been scouting him
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...-now-Eberle-for-Hamonic-Tues-Buzzcast/1/82567

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Eklund gets it :laugh: :

"Of course in saying this feel free to use the 2006 joke, "If Eklund says they don't want Kane it must be happening." :)"

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Dean is probably dumpster diving again, trying to find lightning in a bottle, when it comes to Buffalo.

Really don't have much, they would be willing to part with, that would help the Kings.

Last edited:

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013

Looking at tonight's roster,

there aren't many prospects to look at. Looking at the forwards, I only see 4 out of the 12 to be prospects: Amadio, Brodzinski, Kempe and Auger. Ou of the 6 defensemen, we have MacDermid, Lintuniemi, Leslie, and perhaps LoVerde, with probably a bottom 2 ceiling for all. (Purcell's not playing tonight.) We're not full of prospects to give away.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

Looking at tonight's roster,

there aren't many prospects to look at. Looking at the forwards, I only see 4 out of the 12 to be prospects: Amadio, Brodzinski, Kempe and Auger. Ou of the 6 defensemen, we have MacDermid, Lintuniemi, Leslie, and perhaps LoVerde, with probably a bottom 2 ceiling for all. (Purcell's not playing tonight.) We're not full of prospects to give away.

With the failure of McIlrath I wouldn't be surprised to see them after MacDermid. I'd sure would hate to lose him though. Odds are its probably Kempe though.

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Bruce GarriochVerified account
‏@SunGarrioch

Tampa, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Los Angeles aren't regulars here. #Sens

I don't know how to link tweets but we have a scout at the ottawa vs islanders game today

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
It was about time Bobby Ryan becomes a King...wait...just saw the ridiculous contract Ottawa handed him...

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I've always thought Ryan would be a good fit for LA. Good size, can play a heavy game, scores at even strength and has connections to the area.

Too bad Lombardi doesn't like him, and on top of that he has the ridiculous contract.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
I've always thought Ryan would be a good fit for LA. Good size, can play a heavy game, scores at even strength and has connections to the area.

Too bad Lombardi doesn't like him, and on top of that he has the ridiculous contract.

Saw some writing that Ottawa might leave Ryan unprotected in expansion draft.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

He's Purcell 2.0 but with a better scoring touch and 6 mil contract.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

He also played well with Kopitar in the lockout year overseas. But that contract is ridiculous

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
just curious as a Sens fan (noticed LA scouting the team today)

what would you realistically give up for Ryan that is relatively fair and makes sense for the Kings? any ideas?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
just curious as a Sens fan (noticed LA scouting the team today)

what would you realistically give up for Ryan that is relatively fair and makes sense for the Kings? any ideas?

I don't think Ryan is a realistic option unless Ottawa is taking salary back, and I can't see them doing Lombardi any favors. My guess is that they're giving a young, affordable guy like Curtis Lazar a look.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/831651676645912578

LA Kings GM Dean Lombardi on hand for #Isles-Leafs tonight.

Not much in this one. During the broadcast, Ray Ferraro mentioned he talked to Lombardi who said he was spending a week on the east coast with some staff doing some scouting work (prospects) and conducting meetings.

Wouldn't be suprised if he took in a Bulldogs to have a look at Matt Luff. I'll be on the lookout when heading to the game this weekend...:).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad