Who's Going to the WJC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

BobMckenzie said:
By the way, did Sandelin ever reply to your e-mail about why Lee over Johnson.
Anyone have his email?

Robbie Earl was left off the roster, what the hell is that about?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
BobMckenzie said:
Americans and/or Russians but with the WJC you never really know until you get there and see the teams. It's all well and good to rate teams on paper, but you need to see chemistry, coaching etc. and that changes from one year to the next. Canada is the clear favourite. That doesn't guarantee them gold but they're the favourites, no doubt about that.

By the way, did Sandelin ever reply to your e-mail about why Lee over Johnson.

No he didn't, but I'm not surprised by that. In his news conference he and the rest of the U.S. brass made it clear they didn't want to talk about players that didn't make the team. I think it came down to Lee being 6' 3" to be honest to you.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Leafaholix said:
Anyone have his email?

Robbie Earl was left off the roster, what the hell is that about?

You can get it through the Minnesota-Duluth website. As for Earl, I've read reports that he isn't exactly a team player and is sort of a prima donna. Whether that's true or not I don't know, but for a team that is looking to remove all distractions it would make sense to keep certain players off the team, much as they did with Schremp last year.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Bob: what are your thoughts on Schremp's inclusion on the U.S. team? In your opinion has he truly rounded out his game, and do you see him as a key contributor?

leafaholix*

Rabid Ranger said:
You can get it through the Minnesota-Duluth website. As for Earl, I've read reports that he isn't exactly a team player and is sort of a prima donna. Whether that's true or not I don't know, but for a team that is looking to remove all distractions it would make sense to keep certain players off the team, much as they did with Schremp last year.
http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/index.php?ntid=20498

Doesn't sound like Robbie cares.

But... as a fan of the Leafs, I just wanted to see him there.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:
Bob: what are your thoughts on Schremp's inclusion on the U.S. team? In your opinion has he truly rounded out his game, and do you see him as a key contributor?

I like Robbie, as a kid and as a player. I'm glad he made the U.S. team. My theory on players like Robbie, who have, uh, er, a lot of personality, is that you take their strengths and if at all possible you weave them into your team because if you're going to win gold or be a champion, you have to have aces and Schremp is an ace with some game-breaking qualities. Sometimes it's easier to take a more workmanlike player who isn't going to make waves, but if you want a really good omelette, you need to break a few eggs. We'll see how it goes, but I'm happy for the kid. I've always liked him -- met him at the Quebec peewee tournament -- and I'm happy he's doing well, but then I've never had to coach him. LOL! Nice talking to you guys, gotta fly...work calls.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Okay..I am officially impressed. Bob Mckenzie posted on here and had inteligent and interesting information.

It really was Bob Mckenzie wasn't it?

leafaholix*

bling said:
Okay..I am officially impressed. Bob Mckenzie posted on here and had inteligent and interesting information.

It really was Bob Mckenzie wasn't it?
Yes.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
BobMckenzie said:
I like Robbie, as a kid and as a player. I'm glad he made the U.S. team. My theory on players like Robbie, who have, uh, er, a lot of personality, is that you take their strengths and if at all possible you weave them into your team because if you're going to win gold or be a champion, you have to have aces and Schremp is an ace with some game-breaking qualities. Sometimes it's easier to take a more workmanlike player who isn't going to make waves, but if you want a really good omelette, you need to break a few eggs. We'll see how it goes, but I'm happy for the kid. I've always liked him -- met him at the Quebec peewee tournament -- and I'm happy he's doing well, but then I've never had to coach him. LOL! Nice talking to you guys, gotta fly...work calls.

Thanks for the insights Bob.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I'm going to the semi final games and the gold medal game.

I'll also be at most of the camp as it is open to the public, and I'll probably be around the Gimli arena during their weekend camp, one of my good buddies coaches the AAA Midget team based out of there and has an office plan to live out of for a couple days.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
I'm going to a couple of games. I'm just buying tickets as they come, though. None of the games are sold out yet (as of Friday), so single game tix are still available.
As for accomidations, I know people are "renting" rooms in their houses (or their entire house) to people who need a place to stay. I think most of the ones I talked to have listed them on the ralphsworldjr. web site, so look there.

leafaholix*

G. Miller said:
Bob McKenzie is going to the WJC? Then I guess I'll go too...

:toothless
If that's the real Gord, congrats on the baby. I think I heard Pierre say you have a new member to your family during the AHL games on TSN. If I'm wrong, then I look dumb.

Gord Miller

Mar 16, 2004
Thank you very much for the good wishes...I am looking forward to the hockey at the WJC almost as much as I am looking forward to the good sleeps I'll be getting.

As for a McGuire avatar, I see enough of Pierre in real life...I'll keep this part of my life a Pierre-free zone for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad