Who's Going to the WJC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicpea*

I'm going next year but not this time. I hear there will be a large Russian immigrant contingent in the seats which would be great for atmosphere. Is that true? I remember a bunch showing up for the World Cup.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
That's tough to say, I'm making the trek from Winnipeg (only 2 hour drive).

I can tell you one thing for sure, there will be a whole lot of rowdy Canadians down there. That will definitely help the atmosphere!

shootonce99

Jan 20, 2004
I was looking to go for the end of the tournament but have had a hard time finding a hotel. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
chicpea said:
I'm going next year but not this time. I hear there will be a large Russian immigrant contingent in the seats which would be great for atmosphere. Is that true? I remember a bunch showing up for the World Cup.

During the World Cup in St Paul, there was a huge contingent from Russia and Slovakia at each of the games. It made the games really fun to attend.

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
Fortunately for me, its only gonna cost 500 bucks...Canadian!! Got a wicked package including the 6 medal games, hotel, and transporation!

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
Hoping that xmas morning, I'll have my tickets....PRAYING even.

I begged and begged and begged my parents and girlfriend to get them for me...so as long as I can see the medal round games, I'll be extremely happy!

I was actually pleasently surprised to see how much tickets were on ticketmaster.ca as well...relatively inexpensive...even in American $$$$

Wild Bill

Jul 6, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
Tricolore#20 said:
During the World Cup in St Paul, there was a huge contingent from Russia and Slovakia at each of the games. It made the games really fun to attend.
I concur...I sat a section over from one of the larger groups at the US/Russia game and it definitely "energized" the crowd. Also made the smoke breaks interesting too... ;)

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
It's crazy that it's being held in my home state of Minnesota (in part), but it's still about a 7-8 hour drive away. I wish I was going.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
Leafaholix said:
Lucky old man.

Old? You're calling me old? I prefer experienced or wise. Aww, $%&@ it, you're right, I'm old...but did I mention I get paid to go to the WJC...feeling a little goofy today, must be the lockout...can't decide whether to go to work to talk CBA or stick knitting needles in my eyes...gotta go with the CBA, I guess, as I'm a masochist.

:banghead:

leafaholix*

BobMckenzie said:
Old? You're calling me old? I prefer experienced or wise. Aww, $%&@ it, you're right, I'm old...but did I mention I get paid to go to the WJC...feeling a little goofy today, must be the lockout...can't decide whether to go to work to talk CBA or stick knitting needles in my eyes...gotta go with the CBA, I guess, as I'm a masochist.

:banghead:
Must be a relief to have something else to talk about with the WJC... I get sick of listening to you guys blabber on about the CBA. Not just you, Sportsnet and The Score as well.

It gets tiresome.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
Leafaholix said:
Must be a relief to have something else to talk about with the WJC... I get sick of listening to you guys blabber on about the CBA. Not just you, Sportsnet and The Score as well.

It gets tiresome.

Believe me, I get sick of talking about it. Looking forward to the WJC. Real live hockey.

:handclap:

espo*

BobMckenzie said:
Believe me, I get sick of talking about it. Looking forward to the WJC. Real live hockey.

I bet. You've got the best job in the world...i'm sure it's hard work but i'd still love it. :)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
BobMckenzie said:

Who (besides Canada obviously) do you consider a favorite to win the gold?

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:
Who (besides Canada obviously) do you consider a favorite to win the gold?

Americans and/or Russians but with the WJC you never really know until you get there and see the teams. It's all well and good to rate teams on paper, but you need to see chemistry, coaching etc. and that changes from one year to the next. Canada is the clear favourite. That doesn't guarantee them gold but they're the favourites, no doubt about that.

By the way, did Sandelin ever reply to your e-mail about why Lee over Johnson.

espo*

yeah,that'd be great to hear if you got the goods back on that.Let us know Ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad